в вашем браузере.
New Night Fae Soulbind Traits in Patch 9.1 PTR Build 38312 - Guide Writer Analysis and Feedback
20.04.2021 в 04:14
New Soulbind Traits for every covenant are now available for testing in the first
9.1 PTR build 38312
that arrived on April 13th. We asked a popular spec of each role to review the new Night Fae soulbind traits to help assess how these additions might improve your options for soulbinding in Patch 9.1 Chains of Domination.
Patch 9.1 PTR Build 38312 Spell ChangesPatch 9.1 PTR Official Patch Notes
Our Guide Writers have given their thoughts on the updated Soulbinds on the Patch 9.1 PTR for Build 38312. Check out their opinions below!
New Kyrian Soulbinds - Guide Writer ThoughtsNew Necrolord Soulbinds - Guide Writer Thoughts
New Night Fae Soulbinds - Guide Writer ThoughtsNew Venthyr Soulbinds - Guide Writer Thoughts
Gaining a stack of Redirected Anima from Grove Invigoration heals up to 5 nearby allies for 2% of their health. If any of the affected allies are of another covenant, Redirected Anima's Mastery and maximum health effects are increased by 50% for 5 sec.
When you critically strike, you gain 20% movement speed for 5 sec.
May only occur once every 10 sec.
When you fall below 50% health, you regain 20% of your health over 10 sec and receive 5% additional healing from other spells and abilities.
May only occur once every 60 sec.
Entering Soulshape slows enemies near your starting point by 50% for 6 sec.
Dealing damage or healing a target grants you 1% increased damage or healing to that target for 4 sec, up to 3%.
When you take damage below 80% health, you gain a shield for 30% of the damage amount, lasting 3 sec.
When damaging an enemy or healing an ally within 8 yds, you gain 3% Leech for 5 sec.
After interrupting or disorienting an enemy, they deal 5% less damage for 5 sec.
When your damage or healing is enhanced by Wild Hunt Tactics, gain Wild Hunt Strategem for 1 min.
The next time you damage an enemy who is below 35% health, or heal an ally who is above 75% health, Wild Hunt Strategem is activated to increase your damage and healing to such targets by 5% for 10 sec.
Tank Opinion - Guardian Druid
We asked Pumps, our Guardian Druid writer, to give their thoughts on the new Night Fae Soulbind traits for
The extended Night Fae Soulbind Trees on the PTR for Guardian Druid have some really interesting and powerful nodes, in addition we will also gain an extra potency slot on each of the Soulbinds which is a fantastic bonus for Guardian, as previously our optimal paths were only using 1 potency most of the time and our 2nd potency conduit is quite strong. We will quickly go over the new Soulbind traits and how they affect us as Guardian Druids.
- This is behind an endurance node which is always going to be an appealing choice and the movement speed is generally quite valuable.
- This is behind a finesse node, a mini cheat death type ability that actually works really well with one of our endurance conduits
, as more often than not these will proc around the same time and the combination will heal you to full every time.
- The final node in the tree, we gain these stacks really often, and we also get 16 immediately from casting
which will output a great amount of burst healing and boost our mastery even further for bigger
, more HP and more damage in general. This will likely provide some noticeable healing to your group/raid.
Overall, Niya got a nice boost on an already great tree and will remain a top pick for us in general.
Погружение в сны
- This is a nice little kiting boost and will allow us to get those
combos off even easier.
- This is an extremely interesting one and greatly entices us to potentially play Dreamweaver much more often, as in 9.0 and 9.0.5 Dreamweaver was not a very good choice for us. 30% of damage taken below 80% health as a shield for 3 seconds is insanely powerful, it has no cooldown and will continue to refresh on all the damage you take below 80%, as a tank this just feels great.
Погружение в сны
- Essentially just 3% damage and healing, this also increases the healing we do to ourselves by 3% which is great and rounds the tree off nicely.
Overall, Dreamweaver has potentially become much more appealing to us and we may definitely see this get some use as a more defensive Soulbind option in the future.
Стратагема Дикой Охоты
- Located behind an endurance node, this is quite fitting and will combo nicely with
for some free damage reduction.
- 3% Leech, always a nice bonus if we ever need to take a 2nd finesse conduit on movement heavy fights like Sire or SLG,
Во главе стаи
will really come in handy.
Стратагема Дикой Охоты
- The final node of the tree, some free bonus damage especially on those more add heavy encounters or mythic+ which is the main places that we took Korayn anyway.
Overall, Korayn does more of what it was already doing well and will continue to be a great AoE / Mythic+ Soulbind with these new traits.
Guardian Druid Guide
Healer Opinion - Restoration Druid
We asked Jaydaa, our Restoration Druid writer, to give their thoughts on the new Night Fae Soulbind traits for
- A movement-oriented soulbind trait that could potentially be good for a lot of healers since we tend to be one of the less mobile roles in the game. Does proc from HoTs, so if you focus even slightly on crit then you can potentially have a high uptime on this 20% movement speed buff. Is it huge? No, but it can make you that much faster to move out of the fire on the ground or traverse larger distances. Combine this the Endurance conduit slot below and you have a decent pairing depending if you still have strong Endurance conduits still to slot in. If not consider the next trait.
- Think of this as a minor
-like trait; Completely automatic with a fairly solid threshold of 50%. Is it going to save a healer's life? Probably not with the 10s duration which puts it at 2% of max health per second, but it's still a decent amount of self-throughput that can stabilize yourself and allow you to continue on to help your allies. Combined this with the Finesse conduit slot below and it's s decent pairing depending on your remaining conduit options. Expect to choose between the above 2 based on your conduit options and your existing needs for each encounter.
- The new capstone trait for Niya this one has a lot of potential for a soulbind that was already fairly strong for healers. 2% of max health to 5 allies whenever the 2rppm
procs can equate to a lot especially when it hits allies of a different covenant and that's not even counting the mastery. However, there are a few caveats. When you use your Night Fae covenant ability to gain multiple stacks of
it will indeed fire on multiple allies but only once per ally suggesting there is some short per-ally internal ally. As such, don't expect
to full-heal your entire party solo in Mythic+, but
will be considerably more valuable in raid simply due to group size. It's worth noting that this trait doesn't do anything for increasing healer damage like some of the other options for Night Fae.
- A slow every 1.5 minutes via
can be a bit underwhelming as a healer. If as a healer you don't have one in your toolkit then it might be a decent option, but the positional requirements can be rough if you don't already play in melee. It’s paired with an endurance conduit so you may opt to take this if your class has a strong endurance trait, but I'd suggest the other trait on this row unless your group is severely lacking in AoE slows and you find it mandatory.
is exceptional, but not in all scenarios simply due to the 3s duration on the absorb. If the incoming damage comes in one large burst without any quick follow up or ticking damage, then the shield will be completely wasted. You'll see the most value in scenarios where there's both burst and some quick follow up that consumes the absorb. Likely the best for tanks, but certain damage patterns will see this excel. The Finesse conduit below this will vary in strength depending on the value of that for your class, but this would be my recommended trait selection on this row for Dreamweaver.
Погружение в сны
- A bit buggy currently on PTR simply due to it sometimes not refreshing or not stacking on healing, but it has the potential to be a decent flat healing increase when continually healing an ally. This actually becomes a lot easier for any healer with HoTs as you can stack and maintain the buff just with your HoTs. Definitely a boon for Restoration Druid, Holy Priest, Mistweaver Monk, and to a certain extent Restoration Shaman. Does increase damage as well which is a nice bonus, especially in Mythic+
- With only Restoration Shaman having an interrupt and the limited number of disorients for healers,
will likely see limited use for our role. It can be good, but we typically just lack the toolkits to make it work. Unless you need the accompanying Endurance conduit slot, expect to go the other option
- Flat self-healing isn't bad, but this one comes with the positional caveat making it potentially difficult to proc on spread encounters if you're not tagged as melee like Mistweavers and Holy Paladins. As a weak soulbind for healers already, you're likely to find better options from Niya and Dreamweaver.
Стратагема Дикой Охоты
- This trait works in tandem with
Тактика Дикой Охоты
to provide a sort of back and forth game where you heal low health targets to gain a buff later to heal healthier targets. Unfortunately
Тактика Дикой Охоты
at the 35% health threshold was already fairly unreliable to maintain especially as players geared up making it more and more difficult to proc and this just takes that a step further. I'd just generally avoid for the more reliable soulbinds of Niya and Dreamweaver.
Niya and Dreamweaver were already some of the strongest soulbinds in Shadowlands for healers and 9.1 looks to continue that trend with these tree extensions. Both provide some strong throughput, utility, and self-healing/survivability that while not game-changing should be valuable regardless of spec for any healer. Niya is likely the stronger of the two simply due to the burst healing aspect of the soulbind, but Dreamweaver isn't a slouch either depending on your particular spec. Are either likely to cause anyone to switch covenants for them? Unlikely as most covenants got similar increases for soulbinds, but healers will remain well-supported in Night Fae in 9.1.
Restoration Druid Guide
DPS Opinion - Marksmanship Hunter
We asked Moofz, our Marksmanship Hunter writer, to give their thoughts on the new Night Fae Soulbind traits for
Taking a look at the current usage of Night Fae covenants from Warcraftlogs, the majority of ranged DPS classes opt to go Night Fae. Boomkins, Hunters, Fire Mages, Shadowpriests, and Warlocks all typically go Night Fae. For melee we see Feral Druids and some Warriors going Night Fae. The majority of these specs predominantly use Niya as their main soulbind. Korayn is taken by some specs for AoE content while Dreamweaver seems to be taken in more niche scenarios or by some in PvP.
- Called Shot is the new utility option for Niya. It can be quite nice for some specs, especially if you’re a spec that crits fairly often. Having 20% movement speed for 40-50% of an encounter is quite good. This may be a trait that slower and less mobile specs such as Death Knights may opt to go for. It also comes paired with an endurance conduit slot.
- If movement speed isn’t appealing to your spec, or if an additional endurance conduit isn’t really worth it, you may opt to take Survivor’s Rally instead. A heal after dropping below 50% health can be decent, but it’s nothing to scoff at. A reactive heal is always going to be weaker than up front mitigation, so your spec may have stronger options available as endurance conduits (in which case you’d go the route of Called Shot).
- Bonded Hearts is Niya’s upgraded special ability. Like
, it has both an offensive part and a defensive part to the ability. Defensively, it further buffs the maximum health benefits from Grove Invigoration which is nice. The real benefit of this trait is that everytime you gain a stack of
(buff gained from Grove Invigoration), you heal 5 nearby allies for 2% of their health. This can add up considering we gain passive stacks of Redirected Anima every 30 sec. Offensively, Bonded Hearts simply buffs the Mastery gain from Grove Invigoration by 50%, assuming Bonded Hearts heals someone from a different covenant (in raid or dungeons this is almost always the case). This is amazing for the more burstier DPS classes that favor Mastery such as Marksmanship Hunters and Boomkins.
- Cunning Dreams slows enemies around you when entering
. It isn’t an amazing trait but can be useful for Mythic+ or PvP in certain scenarios. It’s paired with an endurance conduit so you may opt to take this if your class has a strong endurance trait.
- Waking Dreams can be quite a strong trait defensively. While the proc of the shield is reactive, the shield provides proactive mitigation for proceeding damage events which can be quite useful in many raid encounters. The downfall to this trait is that the shield only lasts for 3 sec, meaning if you aren’t taking consistent damage, the shield might go to waste. This trait is much more useful for tanks, but it might be pretty solid depending on the encounter.
Погружение в сны
- Dreamweaver’s new special ability is Dream Devler. It gives a flat 1% damage against a single target, stacking up to 3 times. Swapping targets resets the stacks. This trait is quite good for raid considering most raid encounters are heavily single target or deal with priority targets. It can also be solid in PvP, but loses value in AoE content such as Mythic+ since you’ll typically be swapping targets often.
- Hunt’s Exhilaration provides 3% Leech which is nice, but isn’t amazing for most DPS specs. This is definitely a trait geared more towards healers.
- Vorkai Ambush is a pretty strong trait for any type of group content, especially for Mythic+. For any raid encounter with interrupts or adds that can be crowd controlled, this is a pretty nice trait. This is a huge benefit for Mythic+ though. 5% external damage reduction helps tanks an insane amount. For example, everytime a Fire Mage uses
, the tank takes 5% reduced damage on all enemies hit. This trait is more useful for some DPS specs as opposed to others, but even when considering it’s single target damage reduction from a single interrupt, it’s still a rather good trait. That being said, this trait gives us little to no self gain outside of maybe PvP or world questing. However, in my opinion, the group damage reduction is extremely valuable.
Стратагема Дикой Охоты
- Korayn’s new signature trait seems to be a bit more AoE or Mythic+ oriented when looking at them from a DPS perspective. It piggy back’s off of his signature trait, Wild Hunt Tactics. Anytime you benefit from
Тактика Дикой Охоты
, you now have a minute to deal damage to a target sub 35% health. Doing so increases your DPS by 5% for 10 sec. For raid encounters, this trait will be fairly useless, unless there are adds that consistently spawn during the fight. For Mythic+ however, this is a super useful trait as you’ll almost assuredly benefit from it every pack. It’s not quite as useful on bosses, but there are bosses such as
in Theatre of Pain or
in Necrotic Wake that frequently spawn adds which you can take advantage of. This trait will be especially useful during
weeks as you’ll consistently be benefiting from the increased damage.
Looking at the new traits and their benefits for DPS specs, it seems that Niya will still remain on top. Dreamweaver provides a bit more flat damage in single target while Korayn seems to lean into his AoE prowess. It’ll be interesting to see if the new traits and perks for 9.1 will force some of these specs to swap covenants, or to differ from Niya within the Night Fae covenant. I expect classes that have been playing Niya will continue to do so, but we may see some swap to Dreamweaver or Korayn depending on the type of content.
Marksmanship Hunter Guide
Получить Wowhead Premium
За $1 в месяц или
вы сможете просматривать сайт без рекламы , получите Premium-возможности и поддержите нас!
Показать 0 комментариев
Скрыть 0 комментариев
Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий
Вы не авторизованы. Пожалуйста,
, чтобы оставить комментарий.