Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Shadowlands and WoW Classic. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
Hotfixes December 14, 2020 Classes
- Death Knight
Mastery: Dreadblade effectiveness reduced by 20%.
- Balance of all Things (Legendary Effect) now causes Eclipse to increase your critical strike chance with Arcane or Nature spells by 40%, decreasing by 8% every 1 second (was 50% crit, decreasing by 10% per second).
Starfall damage reduced by 6%.
The damage of Aimed Shot has been reduced by 5%.
- The damage of Arcane Shot has been reduced by 5%.
- Arcane Harmony (Legendary Effect) now gains up to 10 stacks in PvP (was 15).
- Faeline Stomp (Night Fae Ability) now correctly fades from view for friendly players other than the casting Monk.
Resolved an issue that could cause Summon Jade Serpent Statue (Talent) from casting Soothing Mist.
- Reverberation (Kyrian Conduit) effectiveness reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 30%).
- Echoing Reprimand (Kyrian Ability) initial damage reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
Nightstalker (Talent) increases damage dealt while Stealth is active by 25% (was 50%).
- Cold Blood (PvP Talent) damage is now properly reduced by effects such as Versatility.
- Nightstalker (Talent) increases damage dealt while Stealth or Shadow Dance is active by 8% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 12%).
- Shadow Blades now deals an additional 30% damage against enemy players (was 40%).
Echoes of Great Sundering (Legendary Effect) buff duration increased to 25 seconds (was 15 seconds).
Dungeons and Raids
Combat Meditation (Pelagos Soulbind) Mastery value reduced by 50% in PvP and duration increased by 50% in PvP.
- Nemea has finished rearing a new generation of larions who have taken up residence in areas near Elysian Hold in Bastion to provide flight to and from the hold for Kyrian Covenant members.
- Castle Nathria
Sun King's Salvation
Fixed an issue where the encounter would sometimes not complete correctly.
De Other Side
- Fixed an issue where Remornia's Massacre ability had a very small chance to fail.
- Improved the readability on Skeletal Warlord's Undying Rage.
- Decreased the size of the Enraged Spirit's Enraged Mask, the gameplay remains the same.
- Added a visual effect for Night Fae players to denote the radius of the Haunted Urn.
Resolved an issue where Mojo Infusion was being affected by a player's Haste when freeing Bwonsamdi from Primeval Grasp.
Items and Rewards
- General Kaal
Fixed an issue where the door to her platform could become stuck and lock players out after a wipe.
Player versus Player
- Fixed an issue which caused the Force Multiplier weapon enchant to increase in power as a player's level increased from 50 to 60. This enchant's strength is now correctly capped at level 50.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players who didn’t join the Venthyr covenant to receive Ember Court items from the Revendreth Calling tribute, Favor of the Court.
- Increased the visibility of the posed Venthyr dancers created from Macabre Sheet Music.
- Battle for Azeroth Call to Arms quests award reduced Honor.
- Due to the relatively increased pace of PvP combat in Shadowlands, Dampening will no longer begin at 20% in 2v2 Arena. Dampening is applied immediately in 2v2 and after 5 minutes in 3v3.
The Maw: Eye of the Jailer
- Threads of Fate
Fixed an issue where the turn-in marker for the quest "Support the Court" would be in the wrong location for Night Fae players who completed the quest at level 60.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- The Lingering Cloak of Ve'nari buff has been limited to War Mode only.
- Altered the visuals attached to Lingering Cloak of Ve'nari and Edict of the Eternal Ones to make them less overwhelming when they are active.
- Resolved an issue where Hunts could sometimes not progress to the next stage.
- Fixed an issue where players were being redirected to a far graveyard when releasing their spirit within Perdition Hold.
- The sounds associated with entering The Maw from Oribos are now an optional experience.
- Particularly puny creatures in the Maw no longer drop Stygia.
- Elite creatures in the Maw now drop additional Stygia.
- Enemy health increased for healer specializations and enemy physical damage increased for tank specializations. These changes are targeted towards solo players and have a reduced effect while in a group.
- Enemy health and damage increased on floors 2, 4, and 5.
- Dark Ascended Corrus, Warden Skoldus, and Cellblock Sentinel received minor ability adjustments and health tuning to bring them more in line with other bosses.
- Anima Powers
Corrected an issue where a player with Orb of Replenishment could have more than 6 healing orbs out at a time.
Murmuring Shawl now causes Door of Shadows to increase your chance to dodge by 40% (was 20%) for 20 seconds (was 15 seconds). Obtainable 2 times (was 3).
- Clinging Fog now causes Flicker to reduce the movement speed of enemies by 70% (was 30%). Obtainable 1 time (was 3) and it will appear as a choice slightly less often.
- String of Fangs and Talons can be obtained 3 times (was 5).
- Steelwood Slab can be obtained 3 times (was 5).
- Writings of Lycara gives 140 of a secondary stat (was 43). Obtainable 3 times (was 5).
- Bottle of Moonshine can be obtained 2 times (was 1).
- Draught of Midnight Blazes now properly grants its damage and healing increase while Moonfire is active on 3 targets.
- Amplifying Mirror increases your Misdirection’s target damage by 50% (was 20%). Obtainable 2 times (was 5).
- Necrotic Venom damage increased to 50% (was 30%). Obtainable 2 times (was 3).
- Euphoria Emblem reduces Exhilaration’s cooldown by 30 seconds (was 20 seconds). Obtainable 2 times (was 3).
- Bone Barbs increases Kill Shot damage by 100% (was 20%). Obtainable 2 times (was 1).
- Piercing Scope increases damage taken to Hunter’s Mark target by 15% (was 10%). Obtainable 2 times (was 3).
- Neural Pet Enhancer pet damage while under the effects of Eyes of the Beast increased to 500% (was 200%). Obtainable 1 time (was 3).
- Cadaverous Cleats damage reduction now also applies to your pets. The tooltip will be updated in a future patch.
- Constellation Shield damage reduction increased to 20% (was 15%). Obtainable 3 times (was 4).
- Resolute Medallion absorb amount increased to 70% (was 40%). Obtainable 3 times (was 5).
- Runecloth Wrappings damage increased when casting Arcane Blast, Fireball, and Frostbolt while Invisible reduced to 500% (was 2000%). Obtainable 3 times (was 10).
- Pandemonium Lens no longer increases the radius of Flamestrike, Blizzard, and Arcane Explosion. Now increases the damage of Flamestrike, Blizzard, and Arcane Explosion by 15%. Obtainable 3 times (was 5).
- Seeker’s Scroll now always increases the damage of your Fireball, Frostbolt, and Arcane Blast (was only your next cast). Fireball, Frostbolt, and Arcane Blast damage per stack reduced to 2% (was 10%). Stacks 100 times. Obtainable 1 time (was 10).
- Everwarm Socks now also heals 60% of your maximum health over Ice Block’s duration.
- Ancient Writ of Order can be obtained 3 times (was 5).
- Blood Beacon can be obtained 3 times (was 5).
- Shattered Gauntlet can be obtained 3 times (was 5).
- Defiled Prayer Beads now correctly affects Blessing of Seasons. Obtainable 2 times (was 1).
- Radiant Essence increases Forbearance damage dealt by 15% (was 25%). Obtainable 2 times (was 3).
- Ember of the Carillon can be obtained 2 times (was 4).
- Hallowed Candle now deals 30% increased damage or healing from Ashen Hallow (was 50%).
- Golden Plume increases the effects of Avenging Wrath by 60% (was 100%).
- Mask of Sheer Terror damage required to break Psychic Scream increased to 400% (was 300%). Obtainable 3 times (was 10).
- Painwheel now also causes Shadow Word: Pain to deal 25% increased damage. Obtainable 5 times (was 10).
- Vandal's Zeal has been redesigned and now gives you 1% Mind Blast and Holy Fire damage per Phylactery destroyed, up to a maximum of 40%. Obtainable 1 time.
- Enemies affected by Pandemonium now run away much slower.
- Soul Sapper causes Power Infusion’s cooldown to recover 200% faster (was 100%).
- Fragments of Obscurity now always causes Fade to grant freedom from movement reduction abilities and provides 40% increased movement speed (was prevent movement speed from being reduced below 80%). Additional stacks of this power only reduce the cooldown of Fade further.
- Resolved an issue where Draped Prism Shawl’s effect didn’t increase when obtaining multiples of this anima power.
- Wailing Winds reduces the cooldown of Wind Shear by 4 seconds (was 3 seconds Obtainable 2 times (was 3).
- Deadened Earth reduces the cooldown of Earth Elemental by 40% (was 20%). Obtainable 2 times (was 4).
- Storm Conduit increases Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning damage by 50% (was 30%). Obtainable 3 times (was 5).
- Essence of the Ancestors now grants an additional 15% Haste to Bloodlust (was 10%). Obtainable 3 times (was 5).
- Elemental Core now requires 20 stacks to reduce the cooldown of Lava Burst or Stormstrike by 50% (was 50 stacks) and the increased damage per stack is now 3% (was 1%).
- Leeching Lilypad damage increased by 50%. Obtainable 1 time (was 3).
- Flames of the Cauldron now causes Flame Shock’s damage over time effect to happen 40% more frequently (was 20%). Obtainable 2 times (was 3).
- Tsunami Relic increases healing spelling cast speed by 50% (was 20%). Obtainable 2 times (was 5).
- Fixed an issue where Deathseer's Satchel would not drop a Liquid Magma Totem.
- Blood-Stained Dagger pet damage reduction increased to 35% (was 10%). Obtainable 1 time (was 3).
- Claw of Endereth drains health 25% faster (was 10%). Obtainable 2 times (was 7).
- Hellfire Pact increases summoned demons’ damage by 50% (was 25%). Obtainable 3 times (was 10).
- Pact of Thickness primary summoned demons health increased to 50% (was 25%). Obtainable 3 times (was 10).
- Thirsting Chain increases Drain Life healing by 40% (was 20%). Obtainable 2 times (was 10).
- Warlock's Bargain has been redesigned and now grants the Warlock 20% Haste at the cost of 10% of the Warlock's health.
- Dissolving Vial now also makes Corruption instant for Demonology and Destruction Warlocks. For all three Warlock specializations, it now also increases Corruption's damage by 100%.
- Bloodstained Whetstone increases the damage of Whirlwind and Thunder Clap by 50% (was 30%). Obtainable 3 times (was 5).
- Champion's Decree increases the damage of next Revenge or Slam by 50% (was 20%). Effect stacks up to 40 (was 100). Obtainable 3 times (was 5). This power will appear as a choice slightly less often.
- Succulent Carpaccio can be obtained 3 times (was 5).
- Soulwrought Studs can be obtained 3 times (was 5).
- Resonant Throatbands increases damage taken by 30% (was 20%). Obtainable 3 times (was 5).
- Zovaal's Warbanner increases the duration of major cooldowns by 60% (was 40%). Obtainable 3 times (was 5).
- Scratched Knife increases the damage of the first Shattering Throw on each floor by 4000% (was 10000%). No longer works against bosses.
The bonus damage from Demonic Consumption (Talent) will now only apply to a single Demonic Tyrant when summoned in Torghast, rather than all Demonic Tyrants.
- Fixed an issue where ordering Gatamatos to search an area would fail to break stealth during the Bastion World Quest "Training Regimen."
- Spirit of Redemption no longer counts as two deaths on the battlegrounds scoreboard.