Welcome to an early look at patch notes for the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion: Warlords of Draenor. The new expansion introduces a wealth of new content and changes. There's also a new patch note format, which we hope will help better convey the reasoning for many of the changes being made and what they mean for you, while providing more background into issues we're trying to solve.
Please be aware that the Alpha patch notes are preliminary and not final
. Details may change before retail release and new information will be added for additional features as development continues on the Warlords of Draenor expansion. Note: Not all the content listed may be available for immediate testing or may only be available during a limited testing window during the Alpha.
For more information about Alpha testing and how you can opt in for a chance to participate in the Warlords of Draenor beta test later down the line, check out Warlords of Draenor™ Alpha Testing Begins
. Changes since last update to the Alpha patch notes are denoted in red.
Looking for a TL;DR summary of all of the changes? Here you go!
- Character stats have been squished into smaller numbers that are easier to understand. It's important to understand that this is not a nerf as enemies have been squished as well.
- A new row of talents has been added for level 100, and new Draenor Perks from levels 91 to 99.
- The Garrison is a new feature available in Draenor, where you can build a base, recruit followers, and send them on missions.
- Balanced functionality of Agility, Strength and Intellect.
- New secondary stats: Bonus Armor, Multistrike, and Readiness.
- Hit and Expertise have been removed; they're no longer needed in order to reliably land attacks!
- The pace of healing has been adjusted to allow for more tactical decisionmaking regarding efficiency and throughput, on both single-target and multi-target heals. Passive and auto-targeted healing have been reduced in effectiveness in order to emphasize the actions and choices of healers.
- Racial traits have been rebalanced so that all races have similar combat performance.
- All classes have had several abilities pruned, with a focus on redundant and less-used abilities, to cut down on button and keybind bloat.
- The amount of crowd control in the game (primarily PvP) has been drastically reduced. Many crowd-control abilities have been removed, and many diminishing returns categories are now merged together.
- Several common buffs and debuffs have been merged, or removed, where they were redundant.
- All characters now learn a few important Major Glyphs automatically as they level up.
- The amount of instant healing in the game has been toned down by giving cast times to several instant cast heals.
- Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed Resolve. Resolve does not increase outgoing damage, but does now increase tank self-healing and absorption based on damage taken.
- Facing requirements (character position) on some prominent abilities have been loosened or removed.
- The mana cost of Resurrection spells has been reduced to make it a little easier to recover from a wipe.
- Professions no longer have combat benefit perks tied to them.
- There are a multitude of class-specific changes, including things like improved distinction between different Talent specializations, and new Masteries. Consult the class-specific sections below for more information.
Level-100 Talents and Draenor Perks
A new row of talents has been added for level 100. For testing purposes, these are currently accessible at level 90.
Draenor Perks is a new feature that adds rewards for leveling. Over levels 91 to 99, you will earn these 9 new Draenor Perk in a random order. Each class and specialization has a different set of 9 Draenor Perks.
- Level-100 talents have been added for all classes!
- Draenor Perks have been added for all classes, earned from levels 91 to 99.
You can preview the new talents on the talent calculator at the fansites here. (Please note that the links below will take you to an external website.)
The Iron Horde army is massive and reinforcements from Azeroth are few. In order to stand a chance, you will need to build an army of your own.
Game System Changes
Character progression is one of the defining characteristics of a role-playing game. Naturally, that means that we're continuously adding more power to the game for players to acquire. After 4 expansions and over 9 years of this growth, we've gotten to a point where the numbers involved are no longer easy to grasp. And worse, much of the granularity that's available is tied up in tiers of older content from Molten Core to Dragon Soul, none of which are really relevant anymore. It's no longer necessary for Borean Tundra quest gear to be nearly twice as powerful as Пустоверть
quest gear, even though the two zones are only a couple of levels apart.
In order to bring things down to an understandable level, we've reduced the scale of stats throughout the game, back to as if they continued scaling linearly through questing content from levels 1 to 90. This applies to creatures, spells, abilities, consumables, gear, other items... everything. Your stats and damage have been reduced by a huge amount, but so have creatures' health. For example, your Огненный шар
that previously hit a creature for 450,000 out of its 3,000,000 health (15% of its health), may now hit that same creature for 30,000 out of its 200,000 health (still 15% of its health). In effect, you will still be just as powerful, but the numbers that appear will be more easily parsed.
It's important to understand that this isn't a nerf, and we have special handling in place to preserve players' existing ability to solo old content. Players will deal bonus damage against lower-level creatures from past expansions, and will take reduced damage from them.
We've also removed all base damage on player spells and abilities, and adjusted Attack Power or Spell Power scaling as needed, so that all specializations will scale at the same rate.
- The amount of stats on items has been reduced to be much lower than before.
- Creature stats have been reduced to compensate.
We've also streamlined the multitude of various types of Haste % and Crit % bonuses.
- Spell Haste %, Melee Haste %, and Ranged Haste % have been merged into a universal Haste %.
- Spell Crit %, Melee Crit %, and Ranged Crit % have been merged into a universal Crit %.
Primary Character Stats and Attack Power
The "primary" stats, Agility, Strength, and Intellect, are foundations of a character's power. But they have not been created equally, making it difficult to properly balance them against secondary stats. The leading reason for this is that Agility and Intellect also provide Critical chance, in addition to Attack Power or Spell Power, whereas Strength does not. In order to achieve better balance, we've removed the Critical chance increase from Agility and Intellect. Still, it felt like Agility-based characters should critically strike more often, so we've raised those classes' baseline Critical Strike chance to compensate.
- Agility no longer provides an increased chance to critically strike with melee and ranged attacks or abilities.
- Intellect no longer provides an increased chance to critically strike with spells.
- The base chance to critically strike is now 5% for all classes. There are no longer different chances to critically strike with melee, ranged, and spells.
- There is a new passive, named Критические удары, which increases chance to critically strike by 10%.
It is learned by all Rogues, all Hunters, Feral and Guardian Druids, Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks, and Enhancement Shamans.
"The "primary" stats, Agility, Strength, and Intellect, are foundations of a character's power. But they have not been created equally, making it difficult to properly balance them against secondary stats." We've consolidated the way that Attack Power and Spell Power function and scale, to make those values clearer and correct some scaling issues regarding caster weapons relative to physical weapons.
- Each point of Agility or Strength now grants 1 Attack Power (down from 2). All other sources of Attack Power now grant half as much as before.
- Weapon Damage values on all weapons have been reduced by 50%.
- Attack Power now increases Weapon Damage at a rate of 1 DPS per 3.5 Attack Power (up from 1 DPS per 14 Attack Power).
- Attack Power, Spell Power, or Weapon Damage now affect the entire healing or damage throughput of player spells.
Active mitigation has worked very well as a tanking model. So, moving forward we want to keep the amount of Dodge and Parry on tanks on the low side. This helps prevent encounters from causing very spiky damage on tanks, which generally isn't much fun. Dodge and Parry gains from Strength and Agility are being reduced to help accomplish this. Additionally, items in Warlords of Draenor will not have Dodge or Parry on them as a stat. Some Dodge and Parry can still be gained through class-specific effects.
- The amount of Dodge gained per point of Agility has been reduced by 25%.
- The amount of Parry gained per point of Strength has been reduced by 25%.
Itemization Changes (Updated)
We’re making a number of changes to itemization based on a single philosophy: We want to increase the chance that any given item drop is useful to someone in your group. To support this philosophy we’re making a few changes to stats. Most items found in Draenor will work for all specializations within a given class, so that you never have to grumble when you see, for example, Intellect plate drop in a group that lacks a Holy Paladin.
We’re also reducing the number of role-specific stats: Hit and Expertise are gone, as are Dodge and Parry as stats on items, replaced with a single tank stat of Bonus Armor. Armor and Spirit will be specific to tanks and healers respectively, but all other secondary stats will have universal appeal.
Because of the magnitude of this change, we’re retroactively applying this philosophy to items in Mists of Pandaria. After the pre-expansion patch you may find that some of your items contribute different stats, but they should still be good for your class.General
- New secondary stats added:
Bonus Armor: Increases armor and Attack Power for tanking specializations.
- Multistrike: Grants a chance for spells and abilities to fire up to 2 additional times, at 30% effectiveness (both damage and healing).
- Readiness: Reduces the cooldown on several abilities with long-cooldowns for the class. The tooltip for Readiness displays a list of affected abilities.
Hit and Expertise on all items have been replaced with a universally useful secondary stat.
Stats that are not useful to your current class specialization will be grayed out in the tooltip rather than green, and will not be counted on your character stat sheet.
Mists of Pandaria and Future Items
- Spirit for non-healing specializations
- Bonus Armor for non-tanking specializations
- Strength for Agility/Intellect-users
- Agility for Strength/Intellect-users
- Intellect for Strength/Agility-users
- For example, Intellect on a cloak will be greyed out for all Warrior specializations and they will not receive an increase to Intellect if equipped. However, if the same cloak is equipped by a Mage, Intellect will show up as green and they’ll receive the increase to their Intellect.
Warlords of Draenor Items
- Dodge and Parry have been replaced with Bonus Armor. If an item had both Dodge and Parry on it, it has been replaced with an additional useful secondary stat.
- Head, Chest, Hand, Wrist, Waist, Leg, Feet, Weapon, Shield, and Off-hand items that had tanking stats (Dodge, Parry) or healer stats (Spirit) have been replaced with a different universally useful secondary stat.
- Plate Armor pieces will always have Strength and Intellect on it.
- Mail and Leather Armor pieces will always have Agility and Intellect on it.
Hit and Expertise Removal
Hit and Expertise were not fun stats. They acted to remove a penalty, instead of making you stronger. Most players treated Hit/Expertise caps as mandatory (rightfully so), with failure to reach those caps as a trap of sorts. After adjusting, gemming, and reforging gear to meet that cap, players could then go after the actual damage-increasing stats. We decided to remove Hit and Expertise, and make it so you don't need them. We still want melee specializations to attack creatures from behind when possible, so attacks from the front will have a 3% chance to be parried that cannot be eliminated for non-tanking specializations.
All players now have a 100% chance to hit, 0% chance to be dodged, 3% chance to be parried, and 0% chance to glance, when fighting creatures up to 3 levels higher (bosses included).
Tank specializations receive an additional 3% reduction in chance to be parried, so tank attacks have a 0% chance to be parried vs. creatures up to 3 levels higher.
- Creatures 4+ levels higher than you still have a chance to avoid your attacks in various ways, so as to discourage you from attempting to fight enemies that are much stronger than you.
- Dual Wielding still imposes a 17% chance to miss, so as to balance it with two-handed weapon use.
Hit and Expertise bonuses on all items and item enhancements (gems, enchants, etc.) have been converted into Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery. Рыцарь смерти
- now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- Баланс сил has been removed. A new level-100 talent with the same name has been added.
- Nature's Focus no longer increases the chance to hit with Лунный огонь and Солнечный гнев.
- Thick Hide now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- no longer increases Hit or Expertise.
- Пошатывание now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- has been removed.
- Spiritual Precision has been removed.
- no longer increases the chance to hit with spells.
- Святилище now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- Elemental Precision has been removed.
- no longer increases the chance to hit with Молния, Выброс лавы, Сглаз, or .
- Стойкий воин now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
Secondary Stat Attunements (New Section)
A new concept that we’re introducing is each specialization having an attunement to a particular secondary stat. These take the form of a passive ability that grants a 5% increase to the amount of a specific secondary stat gained. This provides a good starting point for where to focus your secondary stats. Usually, it will be your highest throughput stat (not counting Spirit for Healers, and Bonus Armor for Tanks, which is an optimal secondary stat in most cases). There are exceptions, and raw throughput may not even be the biggest concern in some situations. Treat this as a guideline, not a rule, about which secondary stat to favor.
- New passive abilities granting a 5% bonus to specific secondary stat bonuses received from equipped items have been added for all specializations.
- Death Knight
- Beast Mastery:
Player Health and Resilience
We’re planning several interconnected changes designed to provide better-tuned gameplay for healers and improve the healing dynamic in PvP.
The high amount of base Resilience and Battle Fatigue in Mists of Pandaria caused characters to feel much weaker in PvP than they did in PvE. To address this disparity, we’re approaching Warlords of Draenor with the goal of shrinking that gap as much as possible. To reduce dependence on Resilience, we needed to increase player survivability against other players, and we chose to do this by essentially doubling (post-squish) player health.
On its own, that increase in health would make players more survivable in the world at large, so we’re also increasing creature damage and the effectiveness of healing spells to balance things out. The net result of these changes is that individual attacks will knock a smaller chunk off of a player’s health pool in PvP, but your survivability in PvE remains unaffected.
Doubling player health gave us room to reduce Resilience and Battle Fatigue, but our goal was to be able to remove them entirely. In order to achieve that, we’re also reducing PvP spike damage across the board by lowering Critical Damage and Critical Heals against players in PvP to 150% of their normal effect (down from 200%). Our hope is that these changes allow us to reduce Base Resilience and Battle Fatigue to 0%. It’s possible that we’ll still find a need for some minor amount of Base Resilience and/or Battle Fatigue, and we’ll be testing these changes extensively and adjusting as needed.
- Base Resilience has been reduced to 0%.
- Battle Fatigue has been removed. PvP combat no longer reduces the amount of healing received by PvP participants.
- Critical Damage and Critical Heals in PvP combat now deal 150% of the normal spell/ability effects (down from 200%).
- The amount of health per Stamina has approximately doubled. The curve on this calculation has been smoothed out as well, so the exact amount varies slightly by level.
- Maximum mana has been approximately doubled at all levels to keep pace with the expected health from new Stamina values.
- All consumables have had their healing and mana regeneration values approximately doubled.
- All creatures have had their melee damage doubled. Most creature spells and abilities have had their damage doubled as well.
- All player-cast healing and absorption effects have been increased by approximately 50% in effectiveness. If they heal or absorb a percentage of maximum health, they are instead reduced by 25%. All other noted changes are in terms relative to that.
For example, if another noted change is that "Mega Heal now heals for 40% more," that means that Mega Heal now heals for a total of 210% of what it used to, which is relatively 40% higher compared to other heals.
Retuning Healing Spells
One of our goals for healing is to tone down the raw throughput of healers relative to the size of player health pools. Currently, as healers and their allies acquire better and better gear, the percentage of a player’s health that any given heal restores increases significantly. As a result, healers are able to refill health bars so fast that we have to make damage more and more “bursty” in order to challenge them. Ideally, we want players to spend some time below full health without having healers feel like their groupmates are in danger of dying at any moment. We also think that healer gameplay would be more varied, interesting, and skillful if your allies spent more time between 0% and 100%, rather than just getting damaged quickly to low health, forcing the healer to then scramble to get them back to 100% as quickly as possible.To that end, we’re buffing heals less than we’re increasing player health. Heals will be deliberately less potent compared to health pools than before the item squish. Additionally, as gear improves, the scaling rates of health and healing will now be very similar, so the relative power of any given healing spell shouldn’t climb so much over the course of this expansion. For those concerned about what this means for raiding, don’t worry—we’re taking all of these changes into account when designing Raid content for Warlords of Draenor.
It’s also important to note that spells that heal based on a percentage of maximum health are being effectively buffed by the massive increase to player health pools, so we’re lowering those percentages to offset the effect. That may make them appear to have been nerfed—however, the net result is that those percentage-based heals stay about the same as before relative to other heals.
All of these changes apply to damage-absorption shields as well. Additionally, we're toning down the power of damage absorption in general. When they get too strong, absorption effects are often used in place of direct healing, instead of as a way to supplement it. We will, of course, take these changes into account when tuning specializations that rely heavily on absorbs, such as Discipline Priests. "We want healers to care about who they're targeting and which heals they're using..." We also took a look at healing spells that were passive or auto-targeted (so-called "smart" heals). We want healers to care about who they're targeting and which heals they're using,so that their decisions matter more. To that end, we're reducing the healing of many passive and auto-targeted heals, and making smart heals a little less smart. Smart heals will now randomly pick any injured target within range instead of always picking the most injured target. Priority will still be given to players over pets, of course.
Another of our goals for healing in this expansion is to strike a better balance between single-target and multi-target healing spells. We've taken a close look at the mana efficiency of our multi-target heals, and in many cases, we're reducing their efficiency, usually by reducing the amount they heal. Sometimes, but more rarely, raising their mana cost was a better decision. We want players to use multi-target heals, but they should only be better than their single-target equivalents when they heal more than two players without any overhealing. This way, players will face a meaningful choice between whether to use a single-target heal or a multi-target heal based on the situation.
Finally, we're removing the low-throughput, low-mana-cost heals like Nourish, Holy Light, Heal, and Healing Wave, because we think that while they do add complexity, they don’t truly add depth to healing gameplay. (We’re also renaming some spells to re-use those names. For example, Greater Healing Wave is being redubbed Healing Wave.) However, we still want healers to think about their mana when deciding which heal to cast, and so the mana costs and throughputs of many spells are being altered to give players a choice between spells with lower throughput and lower cost versus spells with higher throughput and higher costs. Here are some examples from each healer class.
All of this discussion of efficiency may cause most healers to start worrying about mana regeneration and their mana pool. To allay those concerns, we’ve increased base mana regeneration a great deal at early gear levels, while having it scale up less at later gear levels. This will make all of these changes play well even in early content such as Heroic Dungeons and the first tier of Raid content, and also play well in the final Raid tier without mana and efficiency becoming irrelevant due to extremely high regeneration values. "...we’ve increased base mana regeneration a great deal at early gear levels, while having it scale up less at later gear levels."
That’s a lot of big changes for healers: reduced throughput, a more deliberate pace, less powerful “smart” heals, weaker absorbs, fewer spells, and a new focus on efficiency decisions. We’re confident that we can apply lessons learned from previous expansions to make this the best healer experience yet: more dynamic, less punishing, and frankly a lot more fun.General Changes
- Smart heals will now randomly pick any injured target within range, instead of always picking the most injured target. Priority will still be given to players over pets.
- Long-cast-time single-target heals, such as Greater Heal and Healing Touch, now cost roughly half as much as fast-cast-time single-target heals, such as Flash of Light or Healing Surge, and heal for roughly the same amount.
- Every class has multiple area healing spells available, some low throughput and efficient, others high throughput and inefficient.
- Area healing spells are tuned to be less efficient than single-target healing spells when they heal 2 or fewer targets, and more efficient when they heal 3 or more targets.
- Spells with cooldowns or limitations may have higher efficiency than the no-cooldown equivalents.
We want races to have fun and interesting perks, but if those traits are too powerful, players may feel compelled to play a specific race even if it doesn't suit their aesthetic preference. For example, Trolls' Berserking ability was extremely powerful, and their Убийство животных
passive was often irrelevant, but occasionally tremendously powerful compared to other racial passives. On the other end of the spectrum, many races had few or no performance affecting perks. We also needed to replace or update a number of racials that previously granted Hit or Expertise, since those stats have been removed.We decided to bring down the couple high outliers, then establish a fair baseline and bring everyone else up to that. We achieved that by improving old passives, replacing obsolete ones, and occasionally adding new ones where needed. Our goal with these changes is to reach parity amongst races.
- Эльф крови
Волшебная проницательность is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
- Волшебный поток now restores 20 Runic Power for Рыцарь смертиs (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of mana for Mages, Priests, and Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana]). Other parts of the ability remain unchanged.
- Боевой дух has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
- Дар наару now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
- Crack Shot has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).
- Mace Specialization (was 1% Expertise with maces) has been replaced with Мощь гор.
- Мощь гор is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing dealt by 2%.
- Каменная форма now also removes magic and curse effects in addition to poison, disease, and bleed effects, along with reducing damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds. It remains unusable while the Дворф is under the effects of crowd control.
- Пытливый ум now increases maximum mana, energy, rage, and Runic Power by 5% instead of only increasing maximum mana.
- Мастер побега's cooldown has been reduced to 1 minute (down from 1.5 minutes).
- Shortblade Specialization (was 1% Expertise with one-handed swords and daggers) has been replaced with Быстрые пальцы.
- Быстрые пальцы is a new racial passive ability that increases Haste by 1%.
- Time is Money now grants a 1% increase to Haste (up from only attack speed and spell haste).
- Mace Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with maces).
- has been removed (was 1% Expertise with swords).
- Человеческий дух has been redesigned. It no longer increases Spirit by 3%, and instead now increases 2 secondary stats by an amount scaling with character level. You can choose which 2 secondary stats it increases. This has not yet been implemented.
- Расторопность now also increases movement speed by 2% in addition to increasing Dodge chance by 2%.
- Прикосновение Элуны is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike chance by 1% during the day.
- Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
- Властность now increases pet damage by 1% (down from 2%).
- Твердость now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).
- Грубая сила is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing done by 2%.
- Закалка now increases Stamina by an amount scaling with character level, instead of increasing Base Health by 5%.
- Берсерк now increases Haste by 15% (down from 20%).
- Убийство животных now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20%, instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.
- Dead Eye has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).
- Воля Отрекшихся's cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
- Undead can now breathe underwater indefinitely.
Ability Pruning (Updated)
Over the years, we've added significantly more new spells and abilities to the game than we've removed. This has led to the complexity of the game increasing steadily over time, to the point we're at now, where players feel like they need dozens of keybinds. There are many niche abilities which could theoretically be useful in some rare case, but usually are not. There are many abilities that we'd be better off not having. We decided that we needed to make a strong push for paring down the number of abilities each class/spec has. That means making some abilities restricted to certain specs that really need them instead of being class-wide, and outright removing some other abilities. It also includes removing some Spellbook clutter, such as passives that could be merged with others, or with base abilities.
However, this doesn't mean that we want to reduce the depth of gameplay, or "dumb it down.” We still want there to be interesting decisions during combat, and for skill to matter. But, that doesn't require complexity; we can remove some needless complexity and still retain the depth and skill variance.
One type of ability that we focused on is temporary power buffs ("cooldowns"). Removing those also helps achieve one of our other goals, which is to reduce the amount of cooldown stacking in the game. In cases where a class/spec had multiple cooldowns that typically ended up getting used together, often in a single macro, we merged them, or removed some of them.
What abilities and spells got cut is a very, very difficult
question to answer. Every ability is vital to someone, so we don't take this process lightly. We hope that even if we cut your favorite ability, you can see it in the context of our larger goals. It's important to remember that the point of these changes is to increase players' ability to understand the game, not to reduce depth of gameplay. We attempt to prune abilities with the intent to reduce the amount of keybind/macro bloat and merging abilities that served a similar purpose but are otherwise redundant together.
The levels at which you learn class abilities have been revised to provide a smoother leveling flow.
- Army of the Dead now deals 75% less damage.
- Blood Boil has been removed and its effects have been merged into Pestilence.
- Blood Parasites has been removed.
- Blood Strike has been removed.
- Dark Command is now only available to Blood Death Knights.
- Dual Wield is now only available to Frost Death Knights.
- Horn of Winter no longer generates Runic Power, has no cooldown, and lasts 1 hour.
- Necrotic Strike has been removed.
- Raise Dead is now only available to Unholy Death Knights, summons a ghoul as a permanent pet, and has a 1-minute cooldown.
- Master of Ghouls has been removed.
- Rune of the Nerubian Carapace has been removed.
- Rune Strike has been removed. Blood Death Knights now use Death Coil in its place.
- Frost Strike now replaces Death Coil for Frost Death Knights.
- Obliterate now replaces Blood Strike for Frost Death Knights.
- Unholy Frenzy has been removed.
- Barkskin is now available only to Guardian Druids, and no longer provides pushback protection, but its base cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds.
- Bear Hug has been removed.
- Enrage has been removed.
- Entangling Roots is now available only to Balance and Restoration Druids.
- Faerie Fire is now available only to Feral and Guardian Druids.
- Innervate has been removed (again).
- Hibernate has been removed.
- Hurricane is now available only to Balance and Restoration Druids.
- Lacerate is now available only to Guardian Druids.
- Leader of the Pack is now only available to Feral Druids no longer restores Mana.
Mana regeneration for Feral and Guardian Druids has been increased by 100%.
Lifebloom can no longer stack. Its healing has been increased to compensate.
Maim is now available only to Feral Druids.
Maul is now available only to Guardian Druids.
Might of Ursoc is now available only to Guardian Druids, and no longer automatically activates Bear Form.
Moonfire is now available only to Balance and Restoration Druids.
Nature’s Grasp has been removed.
Nature’s Swiftness is now available only to Restoration Druids.
Mangle (Cat Form) has been removed. Mangle (Bear Form) remains unchanged.
Omen of Clarity (Feral) now affects all Druid spells and abilities.
Owlkin Frenzy has been removed.
Rake is now only available to Feral Druids and also stuns the target for 4 seconds when used while stealthed.
Regrowth now has a duration of 12 seconds (up from 6 second), but no longer refreshes itself on targets below 50% health.
Rejuvenation is no longer available to Guardian Druids.
Rip is now available only to Feral Druids.
Shred is now available to all Druid specializations and now deals an additional 35% damage in addition to having twice the normal chance to critically strike while stealthed. Additionally, both Shred and Mangle now naturally apply the Infected Wounds snare for Feral and Guardian Druids.
- Infected Wounds has been removed.
- Ravage has been removed.<span style="display: none;">
Skull Bash no longer increases the mana cost of the victim’s spells.
Swipe is now available only to Feral Druids, and is only usable in Cat Form.
Symbiosis has been removed.
Thick Hide has been removed.
- Bear Form now increases armor by 330% for all Druid specializations. For Guardian Druids, it also naturally reduces magical damage taken by 25%, reduces physical damage taken by 12%, reduces the chance to be critically hit by 6%, and reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
Track Humanoids has been removed.
- Cat Form now naturally includes the ability to track humanoids.
Travel Form now automatically transitions between Aquatic, Land, and Flight versions, as is appropriate to the Druid’s location.
- Glyph of the Stag now teaches the Druid a separate shapeshift ability, Stag Form. Stag Form will not switch between different Travel Forms, and allows the Druid to act as a mount for other players.
- Arcane Shot is no longer available to Marksmanship Hunters.
Thrill of the Hunt now also reduces the cost of Aimed Shot when active, to preserve its value to Marksmanship Hunters.
- Chimaera Shot no longer heals the Hunter
- Concussive Barrage has been removed
- Master Marksman has been removed
- Piercing Shot has been removed: TBD - Another change will be made to ensure that Critical Strike is more valuable to Marksmanship Hunters
- Steady Focus has been removed
Aspect of the Cheetah and Aspect of the Pack now share a 10-second cooldown.
Aspect of the Hawk has been removed.
- Aspect of the Iron Hawk has been renamed to Iron Hawk, and now passively provides 10% damage reduction.
Cower has been removed as a pet ability.
Frenzy has been removed.
- Focus Fire now naturally grants the Hunter's pet the ability to gain Frenzy.
Go for the Throat has been removed.
- Invigoration now also grants 15 Focus to the Hunter's pet from auto-shot Critical Strikes.
Hunter’s Mark has been removed.
Kill Shot is no longer available to Survival Hunters.
Lock and Load has been removed and its effect has been incorporated into Black Arrow, which now has a chance to cause the effect.
Stampede is now a level-75 talent, replacing Lynx Rush.
- Lynx Rush has been removed.
Rabid has been removed as a pet ability.
Rapid Fire is now available only to Marksmanship Hunters.
Rapid Recuperation has been removed.
Scare Beast has been removed.
Serpent Sting, Improved Serpent Sting, and Viper Venom have been removed.
- Serpent Spread has been renamed Serpent Sting, and remains as passive ability for Survival Hunters. It causes Multi-Shot and Arcane Shot to also apply the Serpent Sting poison, which does instant and periodic damage. Each time it deals damage, the Hunter receives 3 Focus, with a 3 second cooldown.
The Beast Within has been removed.
- Bestial Wrath now naturally includes the effects of The Beast Within.
Widow Venom has been removed.
Revive Pet and Mend Pet now share the same button and changes based on whether the Hunter has a live pet.Mage
- Arcane Barrage now replaces Fire Blast for Arcane Mages.
- Arcane Blast now replaces Frostfire Bolt for Arcane Mages.
- Arcane Explosion is now available only to Arcane Mages.
- Blizzard is now available only to Frost Mages.
- Combustion now replaces Deep Freeze for Fire Mages and no longer deals direct damage or stuns.
- Deep Freeze is now available only to Frost Mages.
- Dragon’s Breath now replaces Cone of Cold for Fire Mages.
- Evocation is now available only to Arcane Mages.
- Flamestrike is now available only to Fire Mages.
- Frost Armor is now available only to Frost Mages and is now a passive effect.
- Ice Lance now replaces Fire Blast and is only available to Frost Mages.
- Mana Gem has been removed.
- Mage Armor is now available only to Arcane Mages and is now a passive effect.
- Molten Armor is now available only to Fire Mages and is now a passive effect.
- Polymorph's cosmetic variants are now all learned as spells instead of having some as a Minor Glyph that alters the visuals of Polymorph: Sheep. All of these variants (except for the automatically learned one, Polymorph: Sheep) are now grouped in a Polymorph variants flyout in the Spellbook.
- Pyromaniac has been removed.
- Shatter is now available only to Frost Mages.
- Adaptation has been removed.
- Avert Harm has been removed.
- Clash has been removed.
- Dematerialize has been removed.
- Disable is now available only to Windwalker Monks.
- Healing Sphere (the spell, not any other sources of healing spheres) has been removed. Mistweavers' Gift of the Serpent, Brewmasters' Gift of the Ox, and Windwalkers' Afterlife still summon healing spheres.
- Power Guard has been removed.
- Sparring has been removed.
- Spinning Fire Blossom has been removed.
- Stance of the Fierce Tiger now also provides the benefits of Combo Breaker and Combat Conditioning, and is replaced by another stance for non-Windwalkers. (See Monk class section for additional details.)
Brewmaster: Stance of the Sturdy Ox replaces Stance of the Fierce Tiger.
- Mistweaver: Stance of the Spirited Crane now replaces Stance of the Fierce Tiger.
- Combat Conditioning has been removed.
- Combo Breaker has been removed.
Stance of the Sturdy Ox now also provides the benefits of Brewmaster Training and Desperate Measures.
- Brewmaster Training has been removed.
- Desperate Measures has been removed.
Stance of the Wise Serpent now also causes Spinning Crane Kick to heal allies instead of dealing damage.
- Teachings of the Monastery has been removed.
Surging Mist is now available to all Monk specializations. It costs 30 Energy in Ox or Tiger Stance, and continues to cost mana in Serpent Stance and Crane Stance. However, it only generates Chi for Mistweaver Monks.
Swift Reflexes has been removed.
Touch of Death is no longer available to Mistweaver Monks.
Transcendence is no longer available to Mistweaver Monks.
Zen Meditation is no longer available to Mistweaver Monks, and no longer redirects harmful spells cast against party and raid members.Paladin
- Art of War has been removed.
Exorcism's cooldown now naturally has a chance to be reset on auto attacks.
Avenging Wrath is no longer available to Protection Paladins.
Daybreak now heals all allies within 10 yards for 15% of Holy Shock's healing (instead of 75%, split between each ally).
Divine Favor has been removed.
Divine Light has been renamed Holy Light.
Divine Plea has been removed. Mana costs for Paladins have been adjusted accordingly.
Guardian of Ancient Kings is now only available to Protection Paladins.
Hand of Salvation has been removed.
Holy Light has been removed.
Inquisition has been removed.
Judgments of the Bold has been removed.
- Judgment is now naturally free for Holy Paladins, and naturally generates 1 Holy Power for Retribution Paladins.
Seal of Righteousness is no longer available to Holy Paladins.
Seal of Truth is no longer available to Holy Paladins.
Tower of Radiance has been removed.
- Beacon of Light now naturally generates 1 Holy Power when healing the target of Beacon of Light with Flash of Light or Divine Light.
- Binding Heal is now only available to Holy Priests.
- Borrowed Time has been removed.
- Dispersion and Vampiric Touch no longer restores mana.
Base mana regeneration rate for Shadow Priest has been increased by 200%, Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch mana costs have been reduced by 50% to compensate.
Divine Hymn now heals all party or raid members instead of a variable number depending on raid size. Its healing has been adjusted to compensate.
Evangelism is now available only to Discipline Priests and no longer affects the damage or mana cost of spells. Damage of affected spells have been adjusted to compensate.
Focused Will now triggers from any damage taken instead of being limited to being the victim of any damage above 5% of total health or being critically hit by non-periodic attacks.
Greater Heal has been renamed to Heal.
Hymn of Hope has been removed.
Heal has been removed.
Inner Fire has been removed.
Inner Focus has been removed.
Inner Will has been removed.
Lightwell’s healing effect is no longer canceled if the target takes enough damage.
Pain Suppression no longer reduces the target’s threat by 5%.
Rapture has been removed.
Renew is now available only to Holy Priests.
Shadow Word: Death is now available only to Shadow Priests.
- Discipline and Holy Priests can add a self-damaging utility to Holy Fire through a new Major Glyph.
Shadowform no longer allows any healing spells to be cast but also no longer has a restriction on casting other Holy spells.
Spirit Shell has been removed.
Strength of Soul has been removed.
Train of Thought has been removed.
Vampiric Embrace now heals all party and raid members for 10% of damage done, and this healing is no longer split between targets (up from 75% of damage done, split between targets).
Void Shift has been removed.Rogue
- Ambidexterity has been removed.
- Blindside has been removed.
Dispatch now naturally has a chance to be made free and usable on any target when using Mutilate.
Cut to the Chase has been removed.
- Envenom now naturally refreshes Slice and Dice.
Disarm Trap has been removed.
Fan of Knives is no longer available to Combat Rogues.
Killing Spree no longer increases all damage done for the duration. Its damage has been increased to compensate.
Main Gauche now deals off-hand weapon damage. Its damage has been increased to compensate.
Master of Subtlety has been removed.
- Stealth for Subtlety Rogues now also increases damage while stealthed, and for an additional 6 seconds after breaking stealth.
Redirect has been removed.
Rupture is no longer available to Combat Rogues.
Safe Fall has been removed.
- Fleet Footed now also reduces falling damage taken.
Shadow Blades has been removed.
Shadow Walk has been removed.
Venomous Wounds no longer triggers from Garrote.Shaman
- Ancestral Awakening has been removed.
- Bind Elemental has been removed.
- Burning Wrath has been removed.
- Chain Heal is now available only to Restoration Shamans.
- Chain Lightning is no longer available to Restoration Shamans.
- Earth Shock is now available only to Elemental Shamans. Enhancement and Restoration Shamans should use Frost Shock in its place.
- Earthliving Weapon has been removed.
- Earthquake has been removed.
- Elemental Focus has been removed.
- Elemental Fury has been removed. Elemental Shamans now naturally have critical strike damage increased to 250% of normal damage.
- Elemental Oath and Unleashed Rage have been removed.
Grace of Air now also provides 5% Haste to all party and raid members.
Feral Spirit's Spirit Wolves no longer have the Spirit Bite ability.
Flametongue Weapon and Windfury Weapon have been removed.
- Enhanced Weapons is a new passive ability available to Enhancement Shamans, causing main-hand weapon attacks to have a chance to trigger 3 extra attacks, and off-hand weapon attacks to deal additional fire damage.
- Lava Lash’s damage done is no longer increased by Flametongue Weapon, and its damage has been increased to compensate.
Flurry’s duration has been increased to 30 seconds.
Frost Shock no longer generates additional threat.
Frostbrand Weapon has been removed.
Greater Healing Wave has been renamed to Healing Wave.
Healing Tide Totem now heals all party or raid members, but amount healed per target has been reduced to compensate.
Healing Wave has been removed.
Lava Burst now replaces Primal Strike for Elemental and Restoration Shaman.
Magma Totem is now available only to Enhancement Shaman.
Mana Tide Totem has been removed.
- Restoration Shaman Mana costs have been adjusted to compensate.
Primal Wisdom has been removed.
- Enhancement Shaman mana regeneration has been increased by 100% to compensate.
Rockbiter Weapon has been removed.
Rolling Thunder has been removed.
- Elemental Shaman Mana regeneration has been increased by 50% to compensate.
- Fulmination now causes Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning damage and multistrike damage to always generate an additional Lightning Shield charge, up to a maximum of 15. Earth Shock will consume any charges beyond 1, dealing their total damage to the enemy target.
Shamanistic Rage no longer reduces Mana costs while active.
Spiritwalker’s Grace is no longer available to Enhancement Shaman.
Static Shock has been removed.
- Stormstrike and Stormblast now deal 30% more damage when Lightning Shield is active.
Searing Flames has been removed.
- Flametongue Weapon damage has been increased by 40%, and Lava Lash damage has been increased to 280% weapon damage (up from 140%) to compensate.
Thunderstorm no longer regenerates Mana.
Totemic Recall has been removed.
- Totems will no longer cause hostile creatures to enter combat with the Shaman based on proximity.
Unleashed Fury has been split into different versions based on specialization. It now modifies Unleash Elements for Enhancement, modifies Unleash Life for Restoration, and modifies Unleash Flame for Elemental.
- Unleash Elements is now available only to Enhancement Shaman, and always provides the previous benefits of Unleash Elements with Windfury and Flametongue.
- Unleash Flame has been made into a separate ability available only to Elemental Shaman, and always provides the previous benefits of Unleash Elements with Flametongue.
- Unleash Life has been made into a separate ability available only to Restoration Shaman, and always provides the previous benefits of Unleash Elements with Earthliving.
Water Shield has been removed.
- Mana costs for Restoration Shaman have been adjusted to compensate.
- Resurgence no longer requires Water Shield to be active.
- Water Shield is now available only to Restoration Shaman, replaces Lightning Shield, and now only triggers from melee attacks
- All of the various Soulburn effects are learned together with Soulburn, instead of at different levels.
- Curse of Exhaustion and Curse of the Elements now affect all enemies within 10 yards of the target, and are no longer mutually exclusive.
Metamorphosis: Cursed Auras has been removed.
- Curse of Exhaustion and Curse of the Elements no longer gain a benefit from Soulburn.
- Fire and Brimstone no longer applies to Curses.
Demonic Breath has been removed.
- Howl of Terror is now a Level-30 talent, replacing Demonic Breath.
Drain Life no longer gains a benefit from Soul Burn.
Fel Flame has been removed.
Health Funnel no longer gains a benefit from Soul Burn.
Malefic Grasp has been removed. Its effects have been merged into Drain Soul, which Affliction Warlocks should use in its place.
Metamorphosis: Void Ray has been removed.
Metamorphosis: Carrion Swarm has been removed.
Pyroclasm has been removed. The altered behavior it granted for Chaos Bolt is now baseline to Backdraft.
Seed of Corruption now replaces Rain of Fire for Affliction Warlocks.
Unending Breath no longer gains a benefit from Soul Burn.Warrior
- Battle Shout now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
Berserker Rage no longer Enrages the Warrior, generates Rage or increases Physical damage dealt. It now functions to break and provide immunity from Fears, Incapacitates, and Saps.
- Berserker Stance has been removed.
- Cleave has been removed.
- Commanding Shout now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
- Crazed Berserker now includes the functionality of Single-Minded Fury and Titan’s Grip.
Single-Minded Fury has been removed.
- Titan’s Grip has been removed.
Deep Wounds is now available only to Protection Warriors.
Demoralizing Banner has been removed.
Devastate now naturally has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Shield Slam.
- Sword and Board has been removed.
Enraged Regeneration healing has been increased by 100%, but no longer is increased by being Enraged.
Flurry has been removed.
Hamstring now costs 10 Rage and deals 20% weapon damage in addition to reducing movement speed, and is only usable in Battle Stance or Gladiator Stance.
is now a passive ability that causes Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Revenge, and Raging Blow to also reduce the target’s movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds.
Mass Spell Reflection now requires Defensive Stance.
Meat Cleaver has been removed.
Mocking Banner now requires Defensive Stance.
Mortal Strike now replaces Heroic Strike for Arms Warriors.
Overpower has been removed.
Rallying Cry is no longer available to Protection Warriors, and requires Defensive Stance.
Recklessness is now available only to Fury and Arms Warriors.
Revenge now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance.
Safeguard now requires Defensive Stance.
Shield Slam now requires Defensive stance or Gladiator Stance.
Shield Wall is now available only to Protection Warriors.
Spell Reflection now requires Defensive Stance.
Sweeping Strikes now requires Battle Stance.
Taunt now requires Defensive Stance.
Throw has been removed.
Thunder Clap now costs 30 Rage, and also reduces the movement speed of nearby enemies by 50% for 6 seconds. Requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance and is no longer available to Fury Warriors.
Ultimatum has been removed.
Vigilance now requires Defensive Stance.
Warrior Stances once again have their own action bars.
Whirlwind now requires Battle Stance and is available only to Arms and Fury Warriors.
Wild Strike now costs no resources to use with a global cooldown of 1 second, but is not usable normally. Bloodthirst hits have a 20% chance of making Wild Strike usable with 3 charges.
- Bloodsurge has been removed.
Crowd Control and Diminishing Returns (Updated)
Another big takeaway from Mists of Pandaria is that there was simply too much crowd control (CC) in the game. To solve that, we knew that we needed an across-the-board disarmament. Here's a summary of the player-cast CC changes:
- Removed Silence effects from Interrupts. Silences still exist, but are never attached to an Interrupt.
- Removed all Disarms.
- Reduced the number of Diminishing Returns (DR) categories.
All Roots now share the same DR category.
Exception: Roots on 'Charge' types of abilities have no DR category, but have a very short duration instead.
All Stuns now share the same DR category.
All Incapacitate ("Очарование
") effects now share the same DR category, and have been merged with the Horror DR category.
Removed the ability to make cast-time CC spells instant with a cooldown.
Removed many CC spells entirely, and increased the cooldowns and restrictions on others.
- Pet-cast CC is more limited and often removed.
- Смерч can now be dispelled by Immunities and Mass Dispel.
- PvP trinkets now grant immunity to reapplication of an effect from the same spell cast, when they break abilities with persistent effects like Столп солнечного света.
- Long fears are now shorter in PvP, to account for the target also needing to run back afterward.
Additionally, we've significantly reduced the number of throughput-increasing cooldowns and procs, in order to further reduce burst damage. Please keep in mind when reading the specifics of the patch notes that some classes may have lost abilities, or had the power of select abilities reduced. These changes were made in the context of the above goals. Other classes have a reduced crowd-control ability overall. We believe that this entire package of changes will make PvP a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Рыцарь смерти
Rune of Swordbreaking has been removed.
- Rune of Swordshattering has been removed.
Entrapment's Root effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Root effects.
Scatter Shot has been removed.
Silencing Shot has been removed.
Traps and trap launchers no longer have an arming time and can instantly trigger.
Traps can no longer be disarmed.
now has a 6-second duration in PvP (down from 8 seconds). Маг
- Dragon's Breath's Disoriented effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Очарование effects.
- Ice Ward's Frozen effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Root effects.
- Improved Counterspell has been removed.
- can no longer turn Превращение into an instant-cast spell.
- Неистовые кулаки no longer stuns a target more than once per cast.
- 's Disoriented effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Очарование effects.
- Grapple Weapon has been removed.
- Круг мира no longer Silences or Disarms enemies. It now incapacitates targets in the area for 3 seconds, or until the target takes damage. The ability now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Очарование effects.
- Рука-копье no longer Silences the target if they're facing the Монах.
- 's Root effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Root effects.
Жрец Разбойник Шаман
- Blinding Light has been removed.
- Покаяние's cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds.
- 's cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds and now has a 6-second duration in PvP (down from 8 seconds).
- can no longer turn Сглаз into an instant-cast spell.
- Тотем хватки земли now shares Diminishing Returns with all other root effects.
- Hex’s cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds.
- can no longer reduce the cast time of Сглаз.
- Bug Fix: Glyph of Shamanistic Rage should no longer cause to incorrectly dispel Нестабильное колдовство or Прикосновение вампира that has been modified by the PvP 4-piece set bonus.
's cooldown has been increased to 60 seconds (up from 30 seconds) and now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Очарование effects.
- Охотник Скверны: Запрет чар now only interrupts spell casting and no longer Silences the enemy.
- Лик тлена now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Очарование effects.
- Наблюдатель: Оптический луч now only deals damage and interrupts spell casting. The ability no longer Silences the enemy.
- Обжигающая магия's cooldown has been increased to 30 seconds (up from 20 seconds).
- Суккуб: Соблазн and Шиварра: Очарование now have a 30-second cooldown.
- Стражник жути no longer casts when it dies.
- 's cooldown has been increased to 2 minutes (up from 1 minute).
- Voidwalker: Disarm and Voidlord: Disarm have been removed.
- Рывок now Roots the target (instead of stunning). The Root effect does not share a Diminishing Return with other Roots.
- Warbringer now causes Рывок to stun the target for 1.5 seconds instead of rooting it.
- Disarm has been removed.
- Устрашающий крик now has a 6-second duration in PvP (down from 8 seconds).
Moving quickly has always been a powerful bonus in World of Warcraft; however, the logic of how various movement speed bonuses stack (or don't) has generally been inconsistent and poorly explained. Under the old set-up, each movement speed bonus would become more powerful when combined with another, so we would limit what can stack with what, and prevent certain abilities from being used when another one is already in effect. We decided to change the movement speed system to make it more transparent, with rules about stacking that are easier to understand, and with fewer restrictions.
Previously, multiple movement speed modifiers on you were multiplicative, meaning that if you had two different +25% movement speed bonuses, they resulted in a total movement speed of 56% (1.25*1.25 = 1.56).
Movement speed bonuses have been changed to be additive. The previous example with two different +25% movement speed bonuses would result in a total movement speed of +50%. The logic governing which bonuses stack with others has been simplified as well. "Movement speed bonuses have been changed to be additive."
- Movement speed buffs that are self-only or is a passive effect are considered non-exclusive, and will now all stack together additively.
- Movement speed buffs that are temporary or could be applied to other players are considered exclusive, their effects do not stack, and only the highest bonus gets applied (in addition to non-exclusive movement speed buffs).
Additionally, restrictions that prevented a player with a temporary speed bonus from receiving or activating a second temporary speed bonus have been removed. Both bonuses will now apply to the character, but only the one with the highest magnitude will have any effect.Examples of self-only passive bonuses:
Cat Form, Movement Speed enchants, Quickness racial for Night Elves, Unholy Presence
Examples of shared or temporary bonuses:
- These will all stack additively with each other.
Angelic Feather, Sprint, Stampeding Roar
- All of these effects can now be applied simultaneously, but only the strongest one will have an effect.
Buffs and Debuffs (Updated)
All specializations provide some common buffs and debuffs. These are important to the game because they encourage cooperation, make you stronger when you work together with others, and promote Raid composition diversity. However, we saw room to revise these buffs and debuffs. In addition to the above changes, we revised which buffs and debuffs are provided by Hunter pets. Please see the Hunter Pet Abilities section for a full list of changes.
Two new stats have been added that benefitted all players. Also added were three new debuffs (Weakened Armor, Physical Vulnerability, and Magic Vulnerability) that each benefitted only half of the group. While that could be interesting, the two physical debuffs were redundant, and felt that the two new stats would be better suited as raid buffs. So, we made that replacement.
- Weakened Armor, Physical Vulnerability, and Magic Vulnerability
Death Knight (Frost): Brittle Bones has been removed.
- Death Knight (Unholy): Ebon Plaguebringer no longer causes Physical Vulnerability.
- Druid: Faerie Fire longer applies Weakened Armor.
- Paladin (Retribution): Judgments of the Bold no longer causes Physical Vulnerability.
- Rogue: Expose Armor no longer applies Weakened Armor.
- Rogue: Master Poisoner has been removed.
- Warlock: Curse of the Elements has been removed.
- Warrior: Sunder Armor no longer applies Weakened Armor.
- Warrior (Arms, Fury): Colossus Smash no longer causes Physical Vulnerability.
- Warrior (Protection): Devastate no longer applies Weakened Armor.
- Death Knight (Frost, Unholy): Unholy Aura now also provides 3% Versatility.
- Druid: Mark of the Wild now also provides 3% Versatility.
- Paladin (Retribution): Sanctity Aura is a new passive ability for Retribution Paladins which grants 3% Versatility to the Paladin and all allies within 100 yards.
- Warrior (Arms, Fury): Inspiring Presence is a new passive ability for Arms and Fury Warriors which grants 3% Versatility to the Warrior and all allies within 100 yards.
- Monk (Windwalker): Windflurry is a new passive ability for Windwalker Monks which grants 5% Multistrike to the Monk and all allies within 100 yards.
- Priest (Shadow): Mind Quickening now also grants 5% Multistrike.
- Rogue: Swiftblade’s Cunning now also grants 5% Multistrike.
- Warlock: Dark Intent now grants 5% Multistrike instead of 10% Stamina.
Blood Pact is a new passive ability for Warlocks which grants 10% Stamina to the Monk and all allies within 10 yards.
Weakened Blows was a debuff that mattered almost exclusively to tanks, and that every tank automatically applied. We removed the debuff and reduced creature damage to compensate.
The Cast Speed Slow was a debuff type that mattered almost exclusively to PvP, and made combat much less fun for casters in addition to encouraging the use of instant-cast spells. We decided that it was best to remove casting speed debuffs.
The following abilities have been removed.
As part of a push to combine the different types of Haste in the game as much as possible, we merged Spell Haste and Attack Speed into just Haste, which benefits everyone.
- Spell Haste and Attack Speed
The following abilities now provide a 5% increase to melee, ranged, and spell Haste to all Party and Raid members (previously they only increased spell Haste).
- Шаман (Elemental):
The following abilities now provide a 5% increase to melee, ranged, and spell Haste to all Party and Raid members (instead of a 10% increase to only melee and ranged attack speed). Other
- Blood Death Knights receive a new passive ability at level 80 called .
grants a bonus to Mastery to all Party and Raid members.
Brewmaster Monks now also learn
, granting 5% increased Critical Strike chance to all Party and Raid members.
Moonkin Form now grants increased Mastery instead of 5% to Spell Haste.
Raid Utility Balance (Updated)
Various classes bring various abilities that provide utility to parties and raids. We talked about one type of utility in the Buffs and Debuffs section, above. However, there are other types of raid utility, and it's been in need of more attention. In general, raid utility, especially raid-wide defensive cooldowns, had grown too strong. So many classes and specializations had defensive cooldowns that we had to make raid damage extremely high, as raids would be stacking or chaining together multiple cooldowns. We'd like to return to a system where it's the healers who heal through the scary moments, not the damage dealers, for example.
To do so, we've established a new baseline level of raid utility that a specialization should bring, and brought everyone to that new standard by reducing the effects of some abilities, or removing some abilities altogether.Рыцарь смертиДруид
- Спокойствие is now only available to Restoration Druids.
- A minor Raid utility ability (to-be-determined) will be added for Hunters.
- is a new spell available to Магs.
amplifies the effects of helpful magic, increasing all healing received by 12% for all party and raid members within 100 yards, and lasts 6 seconds with a 2-minute cooldown.
"...we've established a new baseline level of raid utility...by reducing the effects of some abilities, or removing some abilities altogether." ПаладинЖрец
- Hymn of Hope has been removed.
- Наставления предков now causes 20% of damage or healing to be copied as healing to nearby injured allies (down from 40% of damage or 60% of healing).
- Тотем целительного прилива is now available only to Restoration Shaman.
- Stormlash Totem has been removed.
- Ободряющий клич now increases health by 15% (down from 20%), and is no longer available to Protection Warriors.
- has been removed.
Instant Cast Heals
Over time, healers have gained a bigger and bigger arsenal of heals that they can cast while on the move, which removes the inherent cost that movement is intended to have for them, while also limiting players' ability to counter healing in PvP. This left Silences and crowd control (which we're trying to curb) as the only ways to actually limit an enemy player's healing output. We're still preserving the option to instantly heal, but are reducing the number of instant-cast healing abilities overall. Raid and dungeon encounter damage during high-movement phases will be adjusted accordingly. Here are some examples:
Буйный рост (Restoration) now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- Оживить (Mistweaver) now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast) for Holy Paladins.
- Свет зари now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- Охрана by the Свет (Protection) now also makes and instant cast.
- (Retribution) now also makes and instant cast.
- Молитва восстановления now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast) but can be cast while moving..
- Божественная звезда now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- Сияние now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
There are many effects in the game which deal periodic damage over time (DoT) or healing over time (HoT). Historically, these have typically done something called “snapshotting”; they were based on your stats at the time that they were cast, and that was used for calculating their effect for their full lifetime. In Mists, if a warlock casts Corruption on an enemy while Героизм
is active, that DoT will continue to tick rapidly based on the temporary haste effect, even after Героизм
fades. This has led to some gameplay that has both good and bad sides.Snapshotting encourages refreshing those periodic effects when your stats are high, such as when a temporary buff procs. On the upside, there's a high amount of skill involved in maximizing that. On the downside, it's not intuitive, and the skill ceiling is so high that few can reach it without the use of specialized add-ons. To make matters worse, the benefits of maximizing periodic snapshotting is so high that it creates a balance problem. Players maximizing periodic snapshotting (primarily through the use of add-ons) do drastically more damage than intended. If we balance around taking full advantage of snapshotting, then the players who aren't doing so would fall unacceptably far behind in damage output.
Ultimately, we've decided that snapshotting isn't a productive mechanic for the game. The vast majority of periodic effects in the game that snapshotted no longer do so. The only exceptions are ones that do damage based on a percentage of a previous ability's damage (such as the Воспламенение
from a Fire Mage's Fireball, or the periodic damage on a Windwalker Monk's Blackout Kick), as they inherently act as a delayed damage multiplier to those abilities.Temporary effects which buff the damage or healing of other spells specifically will continue to do so for their lifetime; for example,
(which increases the damage of the shaman's next fire spell by 40%), when used on a
, will continue to increase the damage of the periodic effect for its entire lifetime, despite being consumed when the
is cast. "The vast majority of periodic effects in the game that snapshotted no longer do so. The only exceptions are ones that do damage based on a percentage of a previous ability's damage..." We still of course want skills and their use to embody interesting choices, and intelligent and skillful use of abilities.
- Periodic damage and healing effects now dynamically recalculate their damage, healing, Critical chance, multipliers, and period on every tick.
Skilled players will still be able to take advantage of temporary power buffs like trinket procs, and you'll still want to cast your hardest hitting spells within those proc durations. The benefits just won't extend outside the trinket procs’ duration. As such, this high-skill gameplay is there, it's just rewarded more consistently. For example, a Priest’s trinket procs and an already active Shadow Word: Pain will begin dealing more damage the instant the proc effect occurs, but will return to normal when the proc duration ends. Skilled players will be able to play within these proc durations to maximize effect, but it won’t be as detrimental to output to anyone who isn’t actively and skillfully using them to their full extent.We also made another change to periodic effects. Haste has long affected the tick rate of periodic effects, and their duration has been rounded to whole numbers of ticks, in order to mostly preserve the original duration of the spell. This lead to Haste breakpoints where having specific amounts of Haste would cause certain periodic effects to gain an extra tick. Part of gearing your character involved trying to reach those Haste breakpoints, but not go over by too much. This was a fairly tedious number to manage, which was again mostly handled by add-ons and guides. With some new tech we’re now able to calculate the effect of Haste on tick time dynamically. Any fraction of a full period left at the end of an effect will do a tick of damage or healing in proportion to the remaining time. In other words, there are no more Haste breakpoints; Haste now smoothly and accurately affects periodic effects for the entire duration.
"In other words, there are no more Haste breakpoints; Haste now smoothly and accurately affects periodic effects for the entire duration." This also opened up the opportunity to revise how we handle refreshing periodic effects. For the vast majority of spells and abilities, we had a standard rule that any refresh would add the new cast's duration after the next tick of the existing effect. In simpler terms, you can refresh anywhere between the last and second-to-last tick of a DoT or HoT with no loss. Warlocks had a special passive that changed this logic to allow refreshing with no loss anywhere in the last 50% of a DoT. We liked the flexibility that this provided; though felt it was a bit too powerful. No longer tied to whole tick times, we chose to extend the mechanic that Warlocks had to all classes, but reduce it to 30%. Everyone can now refresh their periodic effects anywhere in the last 30% of the duration for full benefit, and no lost tick time.
- Recasting periodic damage over time and healing over time effects that are already on the target now extends those effects to up to 130% of the normal duration of the effect.
Tank Vengeance and Resolve (Updated)
The changes to tanking made in Mists of Pandaria turned out quite well, overall. But there were a few rough parts that we're going to smooth over. The biggest one is the offensive capabilities of Vengeance. We like that tanks can provide meaningful DPS to their group, however, it swung wildly based on the fight, even surpassing the dedicated damage dealers occasionally. To solve this, we're going to remove the offensive value of Vengeance, but preserve the defensive value, by making it increase the effect of your active mitigation buttons, instead of Attack Power.
Vengeance has been removed and replaced with a new passive ability, Resolve.
Resolve: Increases your healing and absorption done to yourself, based on Stamina and damage taken (before avoidance and mitigation) in the last 10 seconds.
Then, to keep tank DPS meaningful, we'll be raising their damage, since it would be meager with no Vengeance Attack Power (Vengeance accounted for 70-90% of a tank's damage on high-tank-damage fights in Mists). To do that, we're increasing the damage of several prominent tank abilities. For plate-wearing Tank specializations, Riposte has been redesigned to convert Critical Strike into Parry, a defensive stat. That also helps keep secondary stats balanced in offensive value for them.
Riposte is a passive ability for Blood Death Knights, Protection Paladins, and Protection warriors.
Riposte now gives the character Parry equal to their Critical Strike bonus from gear.
All tanking stances and similar effects now increases threat generated by 900% (up from 600%). Рыцарь смерти
- Искусность: щит крови now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Искусность: Страж природы now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Искусность: верткий задира now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Brewmasters no longer deal 15% less damage.
- Искусность: священный оплот now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Искусность: критический блок now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
Quality of Life Improvements
Strict facing requirements can be frustrating to deal with, especially in hectic Raid combat or PvP environments. In order to ease this frustration, we decided to remove or significantly loosen the facing requirements of all attacks that required the player to be behind their target.
Being able to quickly understand what an ability does by glancing at the tooltip is of paramount importance to learn how to play with a given class or specialization. We’ve taken an extensive look at the tooltips for all class abilities, and revised them to be as clear and concise as possible.
In some rare cases, we’ve removed mention of niche information that we don’t think is needed. If that's the case, please note that a change to the ability's tooltip does not mean that functionality has changed. If the change in question is not mentioned in the Patch Notes, there has been no change to the ability.
- Tooltips for nearly all class abilities have been revised for increased clarity.
Another area of gameplay that we polished is how characters are able to sustain their own health, primarily when frequently killing enemies, such as in solo questing.Друид
- now heals for 50% more when cast on self for Balance Druids.
- Стремительность хищника now also increases the healing done by by 50%.
- now heals the Охотник for 15% of maximum health if it kills the target.
- Мастер выживания is a new passive ability learned by Survival Hunters at level 10:
Мастер выживания: After killing a target, the Охотник gains 15% health over 10 seconds.
- Conjured Refreshments now restores 100% health and Mana over 20 seconds, regardless of level.
- now heals for 2% of maximum health per tick (up from 1%).
- now heals for 5% of maximum health per tick (up from 3%).
- now also increases the direct healing of affected spells by 20% per application
Glyph of Healing Storm has been removed.
Elemental Focus now also triggers any time the Шаман
lands a killing blow.Воин
- Победный раж and now heals for 25% of maximum health (up from 15%).
- now heals for 1.5% of maximum health per tick (up from 1.0%).
- now increases the healing from to 3% of maximum health per tick (up from 2.5%).
The original intent behind Reforging was to offer a way for players to customize their gear, but in practice it offered little in the way of true choice. Players attempting to optimize every piece of gear were well advised to look up how they were supposed to reforge an item in an online guide or tool that had already determined the optimal choice. It added yet another step to the list of things that must be done to a new item before it was ready to be equipped, reducing the joy of getting an upgrade into a chore.
If an upgrade drops, we want you to be able to equip it with a minimum of fuss. It is for those reasons that we're removing Reforging from the game.
- The Reforging system and associated NPCs have been removed from the game.
- All existing items that were reforged have been returned to their original un-reforged state.
Combat resurrections are an extremely powerful tool that players have while in combat. Naturally, we apply some limitations. In Mists of Pandaria, that limit was 1 resurrection during a given raid boss encounter for 10-player modes and 3 for 25-player modes. With Flexible difficulty introduced in Patch 5.4, we erred on the forgiving side, and gave Flexible Raids 3 resurrections regardless of raid size.
In Warlords of Draenor, the Flex tech has expanded to more difficulty levels, and we needed a new system to handle combat resurrections more fairly. We knew that continuing with a constant 3 would encourage using the smallest possible raid sizes, while scaling with hard breakpoints would discourage specific group sizes just under those points. Additionally, the limit is not shown anywhere in-game, so it can be easy to lose track of how many resurrections the raid has available (or even know that the limit exists).
So we've built a new system to be more transparent, and improve usability.
- During a boss encounter, all combat resurrection spells now share a single raid-wide pool of charges that's visible on the action bar button.
- Upon engaging a boss, all combat resurrection spells will have their cooldowns reset and begin with 1 charge. Charges will accumulate at a rate of 1 per (90/RaidSize) minutes.
Example 1: A 10-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 9 minutes (90/10 = 9).
- Example 2: A 20-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 4.5 minutes (90/20 = 4.5).
A charge will only be deducted when a combat resurrection is successful (when the target accepts the resurrection).
Raid frames now show a debuff indicating that a dead player has a pending combat resurrection available.
Outside of raid boss encounters, combat resurrection spells retain their normal cooldown behavior.
Resurrection Mana Costs
We reduced the mana cost of all resurrection spells to 4% of base mana, so that mana isn't an inhibitor on the Raid or Party's ability to recover from a wipe. Cast time already functions as the primary cost of these spells. Note that Priests' Resurrection spell was already at 4% of base mana, so it remains unchanged.
We made several improvements to the Glyph system. While leveling, characters unlock Glyph slots at several specific levels. However, in order to get glyphs, characters need to visit an Auction House (and potentially pay way more gold than an average character of that level has yet), or know a Scribe from which to request them. To solve this, we've made characters learn some Glyphs automatically as they level. Additionally, we now have the ability to make some glyphs exclusive with each other, or require specific specializations.
- Many glyphs have been removed, and many new glyphs have been added.
- Exclusive categories have been added for some glyphs. Other glyphs from the same category cannot be applied at the same time.
- Some glyphs are now exclusive to a specialization.
- All classes now learn some of their Major Glyphs as they level. Recipes for these Glyphs have been removed.
At level 25, Glyph of the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
, , , , , , , , , , , , Victory Roll, , , , , , , , , , , , , , Frost Shock, , , , , , , , , ,
At level 50, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
- , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
At level 60, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
At level 75, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
- , , , , , Glyph of Misdirection, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Some of our goals with Professions in Warlords of Draenor are to make them more of a personal choice, and less of a mandatory “min/max” selection. To that end, we're removing the direct combat benefits of Professions. Additionally, we've made it easier to level Горное дело
. Лечебное зелье
s have gone mostly unused lately, compared to combat stat potions. We chose to solve that problem, along with a problem with Чернокнижник
utility, by having Лечебное зелье
s and Камень здоровья
s share cooldowns.
- Herbalists can now harvest herbs throughout the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield an Herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
- Miners can now harvest mineral nodes in outdoor areas of the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield a Miner will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
- Лечебное зельеs no longer share a cooldown with other potions, but instead share a 60-second cooldown with Камень здоровьяs. The cooldown will not reset until the player leaves combat.
- Movement Speed enchants now increase Movement Speed by 10% (up from 8%).
A number of changes were made for Рыцарь смерти
s. As described above in Ability Pruning, several cooldowns were made spec-specific. Frost and Unholy's rotations remain unchanged for the most part. Blood received revisions to their Active Mitigation design to bring them up to par with changes to other Tanking specializations.
We made several changes to compensate for abilities that have been removed by Ability Pruning
. Вскипание крови
has been removed and its effects were merged into Вскипание крови
. This change effectively turned Roiling Blood into a passive ability; which we replaced with a new talent,
. For Blood specialization we removed Rune Strike and are adjusting the cost of Лик смерти
so it can be used in Rune Strike's place.
Another change was to polish up the effect of diseases on the damage of other abilities. Diseases now do enough damage on their own to warrant using them, so having them act as multipliers on the damage of other abilities was extraneous, and just cluttered up the tooltips of those abilities. We removed those multipliers, and just baked in their benefit to the corresponding base spell. This slightly reduces ramp-up time.
- Уничтожение now deals 25% more damage on both main- and off-hand weapons, but no longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target.
- Удар Плети no longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target. The ability now deals 100% Physical weapon damage, and 50% Shadow weapon damage. These two effects can independently critically hit.
In order to better balance the scaling rates and value of secondary stats for Unholy Death Knights, we reduced the power of their passive Нечестивое могущество
Active Mitigation was a very successful design that was inspired by Death Knights' tanking style. However, it went beyond that, and Рыцарь смерти
s themselves were somewhat left behind in that regard. We made several changes to bring up the interactivity of Blood combat. This includes making Удар смерти
cause healing based on attack power, but be affected by the new
passive (see Tank Vengeance and Resolve, above), which gives it the traditional increase from recent damage. Plus, Rune Tap is being significantly improved, to become a strong Active Mitigation button. To tie those together, Blood's Mastery is being changed to affect both the size of the Сфера крови
absorb, and the new Рунический щит
Additionally, we removed Dodge and Parry from gear, and expect Blood Death Knights to value Haste and Crit as important secondary stats. In order to achieve that, we made Отражение ударов
give defensive value to Критические удары
give defensive value to Multistrike. To solve GCD-capping issues and increase the value of Haste, we also removed the passive rune regeneration increase from
. Finally, we tweaked the targeting AI of Dancing Rune Weapon, and fixed it up to properly copy most Talents that you know.
- now also causes auto attack multistrikes to generate 15 Runic Power. The Death Strike damage increase it provided has been moved to .
- Алая Плеть now increases the damage of Вскипание крови by 50% (up from 10%) and now also increases the damage of your diseases by 30%.
- Танцующее руническое оружие's summoned Руническое оружие now remains fixated on the Рыцарь смерти's target at the time of summoning, and copies the effects of Talents that are tied to the Рыцарь смерти, such as Вскипание крови, Озноб, or Асфиксия. Should the original target be dead or otherwise unavailable, the Руническое оружие will switch to assist with the Рыцарь смерти's current target.
- Удар смерти now causes healing that scales in effectiveness with attack power, instead of based on damage taken in the last 5 seconds. This healing is affected by .
- Удар в сердце has been removed. Blood Death Knights should use Вскипание крови in its place.
- now increases all damage dealt by 20%, instead of increasing rune regeneration rate.
- now grants an absorption shield equal to 30% of your missing health. It also now has 2 charges, with a 30-second recharge time.
now grants an immediate charge, and makes your next free. However, its damage reduction buff now only lasts 4 seconds (down from 8 seconds).
Scarlet Fever has been removed. Its effects have been merged into
- has been changed. It now causes Вскипание крови to refresh diseases, and increase the healing of your next Удар смерти by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.
now increases your critical strike chance, multistrike chance, haste, and Stamina by 10% (up from 9% to Stamina only). It also increases the damage of Удар смерти
Since the Ghoul pet is now Unholy only, that presents a problem for Смертельный союз
. We revised Смертельный союз
to not require an undead minion, but work a little differently. We left it at 50% heal, which is effectively a 33% buff to it from before (see Healing and Player Health above), and added a heal absorb for half the amount healed, instead. It should now be a relatively more effective heal for staying alive immediately, but with the downside of needing to heal through the heal absorb before you can be healed any further.
- Смертельный союз no longer requires an undead minion, and instead places a heal absorb on you for 50% of the amount healed.
There were also a few other miscellaneous changes. The Runic Power generation of Антимагический панцирь
was standardized, to make it more understandable and balanced. Level-60 and Level-75 talent rows have swapped places, so the important rune regeneration talents could be acquired earlier.
The loss of Symbiosis (see Ability Pruning
above) will primarily impact druids' survival, as many of the abilities received through Symbiosis were defensive cooldowns. To compensate for that change, and for the removal of Barkskin for non-Guardian Druids, we buffed Инстинкты выживания
significantly and the ability is now available for all specializations.
- Инстинкты выживания no longer requires or forces the Druid into Cat or Bear Form, and is now available to all Друид specializations. Инстинкты выживания now reduces damage taken by 70% (up from 50%) with a 2-minute cooldown (down from 3 minutes), and for Feral and Guardian specializations can have up to 2 charges (up from 1 charge).
Guardian Druids had increased Armor as their Mastery for a while now. However, one of the new secondary stats available to all tanks is Bonus Armor. We didn't feel that the difference of being additive vs. being a multiplier was significant enough to warrant keeping their Mastery around. Additionally, active mitigation hasn't played out as well for Guardians as it has for some other tanks. We decided to redesign the Mastery for Guardian Druids to something that compliments the Avoidance-heavy nature of
, and also to improve the usability of
for more consistent damage reduction. Note that
's calculation uses the damage before any other absorbs you have, and before
's effects, so that it isn't negatively affected by any of those. Note that
's calculation uses the damage before any other absorbs you have, and before
's effects, so that it isn't negatively affected by any of the changes.
The maximum number of charges that can be accumulated for Дикий рев
has been reduced to make its uptime more consistent between short and long periods of tanking. Rage for Guardian Druids has been problematic throughout Mists of Pandaria. Most of their rage generation was extremely passive, and most of their button presses either didn't affect their survivability, or only trivially did so. We made changes to Haste and Crit, to try to solve these rage generation problems, and improve their rotation. We also added
, in order to give a defensive value to the new Multistrike stat.
- Guardian Druids' Mastery (Nature's Guardian) has been replaced with a new Mastery: .
Mastery: causes the Друид to gain a Physical absorb shield equal to 16% of the attack's damage when they are hit by a Physical attack. Attacks which this effect fully or partially absorbs cannot trigger .
is a new passive ability for Guardian Druids.
- : Multistrikes from auto attacks, periodic damage, and Увечье grants the Druid the Ursa Major effect. increases maximum health by 2% for 30 seconds. When the effect is refreshed, the remaining portion is added to the new effect.
Auto-attacks now generate 5 Rage (down from 10.9 Rage). Облик медведя
no longer increases Haste and Crit from items by 50%, but instead causes Haste to reduce the global cooldown.
no longer has a chance to reset Увечье
now generates 5 Rage, has no cooldown (down from a 3-second cooldown), and the periodic bleed effect triggers every 1 second (down from 3 seconds). but no longer has a chance to reset Увечье
's cooldown. Изначальное неистовство
now generates 5 Rage (down from 15 Rage) when you dodge or non-periodically critically strike (up from only Auto Attacks and Увечье
can now accumulate 2 charges (down from 3 charges). Взбучка
now generates 2 Rage every time it deals direct or periodic damage, has no cooldown (down from a 6-second cooldown), but no longer has a chance to reset Увечье
can now accumulate 2 charges, its effects stack on the target, and are affected by
Feral Druids received one major change, and few tweaks beyond what's been mentioned above in Ability Pruning and Facing Requirements. Combo Points are now stored "on the player", meaning that when you switch targets, any accumulated Combo Points remain with you. Изначальное неистовство
was changed to let it affect area attacks as well. Critical strike chance of Ferocious Bite was changed in order to increase the value of Critical Strike.
was reworked to better achieve its intended effect.
- Combo Points for Feral Druids are now shared across all targets, and are no longer lost when switching targets.
- Изначальное неистовство now also grants a combo point for area attacks that critically strike the Друид's primary target.
- Свирепый укус now has double the normal chance to critically strike against bleeding targets (instead of having an additional 25% chance to critically strike).
- Glyph of Savagery has been renamed , and now grants a free 5 Combo Point Savage Roar when leaving Крадущийся зверь, instead of allowing Дикий рев to be used with 0 Combo Points.
One of our guiding principles with game design is that things should be "easy to learn, hard to master"." We have some extensive changes for Balance Druids. One of our guiding principles with game design is that things should be "easy to learn, hard to master". We're not particularly happy with the Лунный совух
rotation because it was actually hard to learn, and easy to master (especially with regards to periodic damage effects no longer snapshotting). Energy and
mechanics were not intuitive for many newer players. Once you became accustomed to the rotation, there wasn't much additional depth to mastering it; maintain two DoTs, hit these other two buttons whenever they light up, and spam one of two buttons in between. In order to try to make it easier to learn, but also add some gameplay depth and challenge we're making a significant revision to the rotation. The list of changes is quite dense, so here's a summary of the changes. Summary of changes to Balance:
- Balance Energy is a bar that automatically cycles back and forth between Lunar and Solar sides, like night and day. The closer to one end that the bar is, the more damage that side's spells do.
- Balance Druids now have four rotational spells.
Звездный огонь: Lunar direct damage spell
Cast when the Lunar side is stronger
: Solar direct damage spell
- Cast when the Solar side is stronger
: Lunar periodic damage spell. While closer to Solar, this button is replaced with Солнечный огонь
, a Solar periodic damage spell.
- Maintain both effects where possible
: Direct damage spell that benefits from whichever side is stronger. Has up to 3 charges, and buffs the damage of the next few Солнечный гнев
s or Звездный огонь
That's the basics of the new Лунный совух
rotation. There's room for improvement beyond that, learning to optimally maintain both periodic damage effects with the strongest
effect, timing Звездный поток
s to optimize the benefit of its buff, make use of
for area damage, and taking advantage of the strengths of each side (such as Лунный огонь
and Солнечный огонь
having significant differences now). Here are the full details of the changes.
- Balance Energy system has been redesigned. Balance Energy is a bar that cycles back and forth between Lunar and Solar sides, like night and day, with a 40 second cycle time (from Lunar to Solar and back to Lunar).
Balance Energy is no longer generated through spells, talents, or other effects anymore.
has been redesigned.
- inspires the Друид with the power of the moon and the sun, causing the damage of Lunar and Solar spells to be increased by up to 30% based on how close Balance Energy levels are to the appropriate side.
Example: With 0 Balance Energy, the damage bonus is evenly split between Lunar and Solar, and the Druid receives a 15% increase to damage for both spell types. With 80 Solar Energy, the Druid receives a 27% damage increase to Solar spells and a 3% damage increase to Lunar spells.
Mastery: Total Eclipse now increases the maximum damage bonus of
by 12% (increasing with Mastery). Звездный огонь
now has a 3 second cast time (up from 2.7 seconds). Лунный огонь
now has a base duration of 20 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by Звездный огонь
and Звездный поток
critical strikes. Солнечный огонь
now has a base duration of 20 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by Солнечный гнев
and Звездный поток
critical strikes. Additionally, Sunfire is no longer its own spell. Солнечный огонь
replaces Лунный огонь
on the action bar whenever Balance Energy is on the Solar side. Enemies may still suffer from both Лунный огонь
and Солнечный огонь
's periodic damage components simultaneously.
has been redesigned and renamed Astral Showers.
- Astral Showers calls upon greater Lunar and Solar energy to permanently empower the Druid's Moonfire and Sunfire spells.
The duration of Лунный огонь's periodic damage effect is increased by 100%.
- Солнечный огонь's periodic damage effect is now applied to all enemies within 5 yards of the target.
now has 3 charges and a 30 second recharge time (instead of a 15 second cooldown). Звездный поток
now also grants Lunar or Solar Empowerment.
- Lunar Empowerment causes the next 2 Звездный огоньs to deal 30% more damage.
- Solar Empowerment causes the next 3 Солнечный гневs to deal 30% more damage.
now shares charges with Звездный поток
, and has no cooldown of its own. It also now hits all nearby enemies (up from 2 nearby enemies).
now adds 1 full charge of Звездный поток
when it triggers, and now has a 5% chance to trigger when the most recent or Лунный огонь
and Солнечный огонь
periodic damage. This chance is doubled on critical strikes. Ураган
's range has been increased to 35 yards (up from 30 yards).
has been removed. Период цветения
(Balance) now begins snaring enemies immediately when summoned, lasts 20 seconds, and can no longer be detonated to deal damage.
has been redesigned.
- causes the Друид to enter , a state where Balance Energy cycle is paused, all damage done is increased by 20% and all Lunar and Solar spells benefit from the maximum bonus. While in Celestial Alignment, Moonfire and Sunfire will also apply the other spell’s periodic damage effect. Lasts 15 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown.
now increases the rate that Balance Energy cycles by 300% while channeled.
has been removed. A new level-100 talent with the same name has been added.
has been redesigned and renamed Stellar Flare.
- Stellar Flare is a powerful spell benefitting from both Lunar and Solar Eclipses, dealing the most damage when they are equal. Burns the target for Spellstorm damage and cause additional damage over 15 seconds. The ability has a cast time of 1.5 seconds.
(Balance) has been redesigned.
- Душа леса (Balance) now increases the damage bonus from Lunar and Solar Empowerment by an additional 15%.
has an amazingly strong effect (pour a ton of healing into the whole Raid/Party), but had excessive complexity for a relatively simple task (5 different targets per tick, a short HoT, stacking, varied strength by raid size). So, we simplified it significantly. It still will be used just as it always has been.
- Спокойствие now heals every Party and Raid member within range every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. It no longer places a periodic effect on each target. The total amount of healing it generates in Raids should be approximately the same as before this change.
Restoration Druids got a few changes as well. In Patch 5.4, a Glyph was introduced where you could choose to attach your Период цветения
to Период цветения
, instead of to Быстрое восстановление
. That was a rousing success, taken by nearly all Restoration Druids, and felt like a much better situation to us, so we decided to remove the glyph choice, and bake it in permanently.
and Wild Mushroom: Bloom fill a similar need for burst healing, so Wild Mushroom: Bloom has been removed, leaving Wild Mushroom to focus on the Efflorescence effect.
Secondly, while we are fine with the playstyle where a Restoration Druid blankets their Raid in Rejuvenations, the Swift Rejuvenation passive made that too strong, and also limited their scaling with Haste. We removed that passive, to encourage using other spells more, but still allow Омоложение
blanketing as a playstyle choice. Знамение ясности
got changed to not trigger more often with Древо жизни
; it was too strong in our new healing model. Душа леса
was also redesigned for Restoration and
to fit better with the new design for periodic effects.
- has been redesigned.
now consumes all of the Druid's Rejuvenation effects on party or raid members within 60 yards and applies the effect to them instead. heals the target for an amount equal to the remaining healing from the consumed Омоложение effects over 3 seconds.
now has a 30-second cooldown, lasts for 30 seconds, provides periodic healing to nearby allies, and no longer collects Rejuvenation overhealing.
- color=q10]Wild Mushroom: Bloom has been removed.
- color=q10]Swiftmend no longer causes Efflorescence.
(Restoration) can now only be triggered by the most recently applied Жизнецвет
. Душа леса
for Restoration Druids has been redesigned.
Swift Rejuvenation has been removed.
The level 90-Talent row for Друид
s was designed to encourage hybrid gameplay. We decided that, while you shouldn't have to give up a significant amount of your primary role throughput in order to gain the off-role benefit, you also don't need to gain an actual benefit to your primary role throughput benefit either. We've reduced the power of their primary role benefit, making them roughly neutral in their effect on your primary role. Note that the increase to off-role healing from Природная чуткость
is not actually a buff (see Healing and Player Health above).
- Сон Кенария
Balance: Casting Healing Touch no longer increases the damage bonus of the Друид's next . now causes the Друид's next to become instant cast and reset the cooldown on Звездный поток.
- Feral: Increases the healing of and Омоложение by 20%, and causes them to also heal the Друид when cast on allies.
Heart of the Wild no longer provides an increase to Hit chance or Expertise while active, and no longer increases Stamina, Agility, and Intellect. Природная чуткость
, while active, increases single-target damage and healing caused by healing spells by 16% (down from 25%), and all single-target damage spells also heal a nearby friendly target for 35% of the damage done (up from 25%).
s have lacked a strong distinction between the different specializations. What we mean by that is that the Охотник
specializations all had rotations that felt similar, with Marksmanship and Survival having the most blurred identities (Beast Mastery felt well rooted in the pet). Охотник
s were also some of the most afflicted by button bloat. To address these problems, we opted to make changes to each specialization's rotation, primarily through removing abilities, and making some of them unique to each spec. This means things like Прицельный выстрел
being the primary Focus dump for Marksmanship, instead of
or Укус змеи
being available only to Survival. Охотник
s also had a large number of cooldown abilities, which we've also cut down (some of which we moved to the talent tree, competing with other active buttons). For a full list of what was removed, please see Ability Pruning and PvP - Crowd Control and Diminishing Returns.
One of the most difficult abilities to decide to cut was Дух ястреба
. It began to feel fairly meaningless, since it was used virtually all of the time in combat, so might as well have just been passive. We decided to cut Дух ястреба
, and bake in its benefit to the other abilities. The remaining aspect abilities are all utility only, and are being moved off the stance bar and made toggles.
Overall, Hunters should see a drastic reduction in the number of active buttons, and have a clearer distinction between the different specializations. With some of these changes, you may find yourself favoring a different specialization. Keep in mind that Draenor Perks, earned from levels 91 to 99, will serve to further distinguish the different specializations.
- no longer appears on the stance bar and is now on the global cooldown.
- no longer appears on the stance bar and is now on the global cooldown.
- Обугленный символ: The ability taught by this Glyph no longer appears on the stance bar and is now on the global cooldown.
- Обугленный символ: No longer triggers any cooldown on Aspects.
Burst Damage Cooldowns
Each Hunter specialization received a revision to the burst-damage-cooldowns they have access to.
Beast Mastery Hunters retain Звериный гнев
is a good fit for Marksmanship, and we improved it. Survival opts to focus on sustained damage without burst cooldowns. However, if the situation calls for a burst-damage-cooldown, there are a few available via talents.
- now also provides its effect against all targets when is active, and increases critical strike chance by 60% (down from 75%).
Hunter Pet Abilities
We did a comprehensive pass on Охотник
pet abilities. As mentioned above in Crowd Control and Diminishing Returns
, all full crowd-control abilities have been removed from Охотник
pets and replaced those with new abilities, including spreading some that were previously restricted to exotic pets. Additionally, Hunters can now tame beasts from new pet families.
Abilities unique to each hunter pet family have been revised to provide a standard buff, debuff, or ability.
- Combat Resurrection ability: Журавль, Мотылек, Цийлинь
- Смертельное ранение debuff: Падальщик, Дьявозавр, речное чудище, Scorpid
- Increased Spell Power buff: Змей, Силитид, Водный долгоног
- Increased Strength/Agility/Intellect buff: Собака, Горилла, Сланцевый паук, Червь
- Increased Critical Strike Chance buff: Дьявозавр, Цийлинь, Ящер, Сланцевый паук, Водный долгоног, Волк
- Temporary Haste buff: Гончая недр, Скат
- Increased Haste buff: , Гиена, Спороскат, Оса
- Increased Mastery buff: Кошка, Hydra, Дух зверя, Долгоног
- Увеличение выносливости buff: Bear, Козел, , Силитид
- Increased Multistrike buff : Василиск, Химера, Гончая недр, Fox, Дракондор, Копытень, Крылатый змей
- Increased Versatility buff: Хищная птица, Вепрь, Грызун, Опустошитель, Копытень, Червь
- An ability that increases dodge chance of the pet by 30% for 10 seconds: Bat, Обезьяна
- An ability that reduces damage taken by the pet by 50% for 12 seconds: Жук, Краб, Цийлинь, Копытень, Сланцевый паук, Черепаха
- An ability that Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%: Химера, Кроколиск, Силитид, Паук, Прыгуана
- The following pet families provide an ability that puts the pet in stealth mode, but slows its movement speed by 50%. The first attack from stealth receives a 20% bonus to damage: Кошка, Дух зверя
- The following pet families also provide an additional ability.
Химера - Дыхание ледяной бури: Causes Froststorm damage to all targets in front of the Химера over 8 sec.
- Гончая недр - Пламенная шкура: Causes Fire damage to attackers.
- Дьявозавр - Пиршество: The devilsaur feasts on a nearby Гуманоид or Beast corpse within 5 yards, healing it for 20% of its maximum health and restoring 20 focus over 5 sec.
- Дикорог - : Deflects all spells cast in front of the Дикорог for 6 seconds.
- - Восходящий поток: Slows the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 seconds.
- Дух зверя - Духовное лечение: Heals the target ally instantly, and additional healing over 10 seconds.
- Водный долгоног - Хождение по воде: Allows the Hunter and the Water Strider to walk across water.
- Червь - Атака из-под земли: Deals Nature damage to nearby enemies over 8 seconds.
There were also a few other changes, primarily for quality of life and rotational consistency.
- Прицельный выстрел no longer interrupts Auto Attacks, and can be cast while moving.
- 's periodic effect now has a chance each time it deals damage to cause the next 2 s to cost no Focus and not trigger a cooldown. This effect is guaranteed to activate at least once.
- Отпустить питомца now ignores line of sight.
- Взрывная ловушка now places a periodic-damage effect on each target within the radius of the explosion, rather than a persistent effect on the ground.
- Рык now has a 30-yard range.
- Hunter Pets now have a 1-second global cooldown.
- Several raid buffs provided by pets have been changed into auras that are automatically applied to the Охотник's party or raid.
The Mage class has good specialization distinction when it comes to their single-target rotations, but utility and area-of-effect spells were heavily shared between specializations. Commonly, these spells were redundant as well. We made many of their spells specialization-specific (as described in Ability Pruning above). And probably most significant, we made changes to several existing Talents.
was extremely strong for instant CC, which we wanted to curtail. Rather than completely remove
or make it not affect CC abilities, we made it a base Arcane spell, where we don't expect that it will be a problem, since Arcane has less CC than the other Маг
specs already. In its place, we've added a new talent, Пропадание
. It may seem out of place on a movement-focused talent row at first. In practice, we expect that the similarity will bear out as Mages use it instead of moving away from avoidable damage.
- is no longer a Talent, and is instead learned by Arcane Mages.
- Пропадание is a new Talent available at level 15.
Пропадание: fade into the nether, avoiding all attacks against you for 3 seconds. This spell may be cast while a cast-time spell is in progress and is not on the global cooldown. Replaces Ice Block. 45-second cooldown.
Going along with our goals to reduce cooldown stacking across all of the classes, we decided to remove Alter Time's DPS contribution.
has a number of clever movement and utility uses, but in practice it was mostly being used for additional uptime of offensive cooldowns. Маг
s also had many redundant forms of survival utility, so we moved a utility-only version of
into the Talent tree, replacing
- is now a level-30 Talent, replacing .
now lasts for 15 seconds (up from 6 seconds), has a 90-second cooldown (down from 3 minutes), and no longer affects the casting Маг's mana, buffs, or debuffs.
has been removed.
A few of the abilities reset by Cold Snap were made spec-specific, or could be overridden with Talents, so we expanded what it can affect to compensate.
The Mage Bomb level-75 Talent row, the Bomb row, was also problematic. We chose to add the Bombs to all Mages' rotations in order to spice them up a bit, to provide rotational variety. That succeeded, and we're overall happy with how they interact with your rotation in a single-target situation, but they also came with the prospect of multi-dotting (applying your damage-over-time spell to many enemies, individually), which we don't feel is an appropriate fit for Маг
s. Additionally, in order to make all 3 Bombs useful to all specializations, we had to lose some of their spec-specific perks. And, even more importantly, many Маг
s did not like DoT gameplay at all.
In order to solve all of these problems, we decided to merge the 3 current Bomb Talents into one that changes based on spec. That allows us to reintroduce spec-specific perks to each Bomb, and makes room for some non-DoT alternatives.
- Буря Пустоты, Живая бомба, and are now available to their corresponding specialization only, and share the left Talent slot.
has been redesigned. It now lasts 12 seconds, has no cooldown, and explodes every time the target is hit by the Mage's Ice Lance while frozen. The damage per explosion has been reduced by 75% to compensate.
- Живая бомба can once again be applied to multiple targets, can be spread by Огненный взрыв, and has a normal 1.5-second cooldown. More of its damage has been moved into its explosion.
- Буря Пустоты can now only be on 1 target at a time (down from unlimited), but its secondary damage now hits all targets in range (up from only 1), deals 100% of the primary damage (up from 50%), and its damage is now increased by Arcane Charges.
is a new Talent available at level 75, in the middle Talent slot.
The right level-75 Talent slot is now filled by a new Talent that varies by specialization.
- Взрывная волна: Cause an explosion of fiery force around the target enemy or ally, dealing Fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and dazing them, reducing their movement speed by 70% for 4 seconds. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 25-second cooldown and 2 charges.
- Кольцо обледенения: Cause a whirl of icy wind around the target enemy or ally, dealing Frost damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and freezing them for 4 seconds. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 20-second cooldown and 2 charges.
- Сверхновая: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them into the air. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 25-second cooldown and 2 charges.
One of the most problematic Talent rows in the game has been the Маг
level-90 row. The primary theme of the row was mana, which only Arcane Mages actually cared about. Bonus damage was added in, making it functional for all Mages, but muddled in its goals. Additionally, some of them just weren't fun to play with. We've revised the row to be purely about damage, and made them have less maintenance cost. Arcane Mages will have enough mana regeneration without these Talents to perform well.
- Incanter's Ward has been removed.
Колдовской поток is a new level-90 Talent, replacing Incanter's Ward. Колдовской поток: Magical energy flows through you, increasing all spell damage done by 5% per stack. While in combat, the magical energy builds up to 5 stacks over 5 seconds and then diminishes down to 1 stack over 5 seconds. This cycle repeats every 10 seconds.
Invocation has been removed. Зеркальное изображение
is now a level-90 Talent, replacing Invocation. Руна мощи
no longer replaces Прилив сил
, no longer increases mana regeneration, and now lasts 3 minutes (up from 1 minute).
Frost Mages enjoyed newfound PvE viability in Mists of Pandaria, and we intend to continue that into the future. However, we do want to clean up some rough spots, especially around their valuing of secondary stats, and the amount of instant-cast spells in their rotation. The Frost Armor and Shatter changes increase the amount of Haste/Critical chance that they can acquire on gear before they start hitting soft caps. The Shatter change also lowers the value of Critical Strike for a bit. The changes to the level-75 Talent row meant that having a Bomb spell is no longer guaranteed, so we changed the way that
is triggered. We also changed
's effect, in order to give Frost mages another cast-time spell in their rotation.
- now grants an 8% chance to Multistrike instead of 7% Haste.
- Обледенение now multiplies Critical Strike chance by 1.5 (down from 2).
- The Brain Freeze effect now increases no longer makes Шквал damage by 25%, and instant, but it can now stack up to 2 times. It also no longer triggers from the Bomb Talents, and instead has a 10% chance to trigger from Ледяная стрела casts. Each Multistrike of Frostbolt increases that cast's chance by an additional 45%. (Total of 100% on double-Multistrikes).
- is now available only to Fire Mages.
- Обугленный символ now causes Стылая кровь to provide 35% chance to Multistrike, instead of 20% Haste.
Rotation for Fire Mage is looking solid with the new Draenor Perks. However, their cooldown strength could use a buff.
- 's damage has been increased by 100%.
In order to make room for more Haste effects to apply to Чародейская вспышка
, we raised its cast time and damage slightly. We also made Arcane Charges last longer, to aid in questing and encounters.
- Чародейская вспышка's cast time has been increased to 2.25 seconds (up from 2 seconds), and its damage has been increased by 12.5% to compensate.
- Arcane Charges now last 15 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
The brand-new class for Mists of Pandaria, Monks, turned out to be a ton of fun. Brewmasters stayed fairly solid all expansion long. Windwalkers needed a few tweaks here and there, especially to their Mastery, and still have a few shortcomings that we hope to improve, but overall worked quite well. Mistweavers had a bit of a rollercoaster ride, veering between weak and strong over the course of the expansion. Most of our changes to Монах
s will focus on Mistweavers, to try to get them just right.
About midway through the expansion, it became clear that mana was not valuable for Mistweavers. We tried some adjustments to solve that, but it proved too large of a change to make at the time. We chose to just live with that problem for the time being, and tune them around not really caring much about Spirit or mana (once they reached epic gear).
Now that we have the time to tweak things, and for Mistweavers to acquire new gear, we're going to make changes to get them in the right spot. Initially, we experimented with giving Mistwavers a 1-second GCD akin to that of the Разбойник
to give them a faster combat feel. However, it's proven difficult to balance. Haste is attractive to healers because it lowers not just cast time but GCD as well. Therefore, Monks valued Haste much less than other healers. We explored a few options, but ultimately landed on changing the core GCD for Mistweavers from 1 second to the standard 1.5 seconds, which you will be able to reduce with Haste. This will feel jarring at first, but we're confident that it's for the best, long-term.
Сверкающая нефритовая молния
- All abilities available to Mistweavers now have a 1.5-second global cooldown (up from 1 second).
Пошатывание and Стойка разъяренного тигра now reduce the global cooldown of the Монах's abilities by 0.5 seconds.
- now causes Haste to reduce global cooldown of the Monk’s abilities.
's throughput has been increased by 100%, but it no longer generates Chi for Mistweaver Monks. Additionally, it is free in Stance of the Wise Serpent.
is a new spell available to Mistweaver Monks, instantly detonating all Целительные сферы
, and causing each of them to heal a nearby ally within 12 yards of the sphere with a 15-second cooldown.
Focus and Harmony is a new passive ability for Mistweaver Monks and causes Haste effects to reduce the global cooldown of spells and abilities. Целительные сферы
now heal an ally within 12 yards (up from 6 yards) for 100% (up from 50%) of their normal healing, when they expire.
Soothing Mist's healing has been increased by 100%, its GCD has been reduced to 0.5 seconds, but no longer heals immediately, and no longer generates Chi. for Mistweaver Monks.
no longer increases Haste from items by 50%. Призыв статуи Нефритовой Змеи
now has a 10-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds). Громовой чай
no longer costs Chi, causes the next Заживляющий туман
to jump up to 4 times ( used to cause instead of causing the next Оживить
to refresh the duration of Заживляющий туман
on all targets). Its effect on
Another issue with Mistweavers is that of
, which has never really played out how we had hoped. The intent with
was to create an alternate play style to fulfill the fantasy of healing through dealing damage, since we knew a lot of players had that fantasy, and a new class was the perfect opportunity to satisfy that.
Having two play styles in one spec (
, and traditional Ткание туманов
, healing primarily through casting heals) proved challenging to balance, because we don't want players to take the best parts of both and stack them into an unintended superior spec. The most notorious of these cases was "Jab-Jab-Uplift". In order to solve this problem, we're giving Mistweavers two stances.
will continue to be the stance from which to do traditional Ткание туманов
. The new
will be the stance to use for
. You can swap stances at will, with only the cost of a GCD and any current Chi that you've accrued. The intention is that Crane Stance allows Mistweavers to trade healing for damage; it should fall somewhere in the middle between being a full healer, and being a full damage dealer.
- is a new ability for Mistweaver Monks, which replaces Стойка разъяренного тигра and provides the following effects:
The Spell-Power-to-Attack-Power conversion effect has been moved from to . The Eminence effect has been moved from to .
now causes a nearby target to be healed for 35% of all damage caused by the Монах and includes auto attacks.
The Monk's Attack Power is equal to 100% of their Spell Power, and they no longer benefit from other sources of Attack Power.
- Stance of the Wise Serpent no longer provides this benefit.
The Monk gains Eminence, causing all damage dealt to also heal nearby allies.
- Eminence now causes a nearby target to be healed for 35% of all damage caused by the Monk and includes auto attacks.
- Stance of the Wise Serpent no longer provides this benefit.
Haste reduces the global cooldown of the Monk’s abilities. Сверкающая нефритовая молния
channels 150% faster, generates 1 Chi each time it deals damage, but costs 300% more mana. Нокаутирующий удар
, increasing Critical Strike chance by 20% for 20 seconds. Нокаутирующий удар
to heal 5 allies instead of 1, but heals for only 15% of damage dealt instead of 35%.
The Monk gains a stack of
for every Chi consumed. Vital Mists reduces the cast time and Mana cost of the next Surging Mist by 20% per stack up to a maximum of 5 stacks.
Muscle Memory has been removed.
Serpent’s Zeal has been removed.
Vital Mists has been removed.
Mastery: Gift of the Serpent's Healing Spheres now scale with Spell Power instead of Attack Power.
Muscle Memory, Serpent's Zeal, and Vital Mists have been replaced with a new passive ability, . enhances several of the Монах's combat abilities while in Crane Stance. Удар восходящего солнца
is now available to Mistweaver and Windwalker Monks. However, it does not cause Смертельное ранение
Монастырские знания now makes Танцующий журавль heal friends instead of damaging enemies, while in (previously, it would heal allies in addition to damaging enemies).
The following abilities now require
The following abilities now require
We also improved all Monk Healing Spheres. You'll no longer waste them when running over multiple at once when you only need a little healing. And we significantly improved the effect when Mistweavers' Healing Spheres expire. We also made Afterlife Healing Spheres consistent with the rest of the class.
- When a player runs through multiple Целительные сферы at once, only as many as needed to heal the player to full health will be consumed (instead of all of them if the player is injured at all).
- Целительные сферы from now heal an injured ally within 12 yards (up from 6 yards) for 100% (up from 50%) of their normal effect when they expire.
- Afterlife's Healing Sphere now heals for the same amount as other Целительные сферы (instead of healing for 15% of maximum health).
Shared Ability Changes
There were several changes that affected multiple Монах
specializations. We'd like to see Монах
s using Трансцендентность
more often, so its usability has been improved (some baseline, and some in a Draenor Perk). For Touch of Death, we like that it's a unique execute being usable only once, but found it impractical to use on bosses and have improved its usability. For Tiger Strikes, we buffed it to grant Multistrike ability which it was similar to already, and extended it to work with all Монах
specializations. To better balance the damage of Brewmaster versus Windwalker where both share many of the same abilities, we removed the damage increase provided by Tiger Stance, and increased the damage of melee abilities to compensate.
- Стойка разъяренного тигра no longer increases damage dealt.
- is now available to all Монах specializations, and has a chance to trigger on successful auto attacks and their Multistrikes. It has an 8% chance to trigger while using a two-handed weapon, and a 5% chance to trigger while dual wielding.
When triggered, now grants a 25% increase to Multistrike for 8 seconds instead of a 50% increase to attack speed and double attacks for 4 attacks.
is now usable on targets that have 10% or less health remaining, or have less current health than your maximum health. The rules against players remain unchanged. Трансцендентность
: Transfer no longer has an energy or mana cost.
Ascension, Mana, and Energy
We're making a few changes that mostly affects Windwalkers, but has a minor impact on Mistweavers and Brewmasters as well. For energy-based gameplay to function well, the primary limitation on ability usage should be energy, not time. As such, we're making the following changes to address GCD-capping problems. First, we're reducing the effects and mana increase of Величие духа
, because it became more powerful when combined with several of our other changes to healers. We believe that Величие духа
will remain as a competitive talent for Brewmasters. Second, energy cost of Лапа тигра
has been increased for Windwalkers. And Third, we reduced the chance for Неожиданный прием
to trigger. Individually, these may sound like significant nerfs but Windwalker damage has been adjusted to compensate for these changes. The goal is not to reduce DPS while addressing the issue with GCD-capping.
There are a couple of additional changes for Windwalkers. Storm, Earth, and Fire, got buffed to make it smoother to use. We also buffed Неистовые кулаки
because we felt that the ability wasn't giving a strong enough damage boost given its restrictions and impact on the Монах
- Неистовые кулаки now deals 100% increased damage, and always deal full damage to your primary target; additional targets are still affected by the damage split.
- Storm, Earth, and Fire no longer has an energy cost, and is off GCD.
For Brewmasters, Gift of the Ox has been modified to allow it to scale defensively with the new Multistrike stat. The Black Ox Statue has been modified to aid Монах
s in establishing aggro on new enemies instead of shielding allies. We also removed the Misfire effect, as it did not live up to its original idea, and was unnecessary.
- Статуя Черного Быка no longer casts Защита on allies and now has a 10-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds). Статуя Черного Быка now passively attracts the attention of all enemies within 30 yards, causing a minor amount of threat each second.
- Хмельная дымка no longer causes the target's melee attacks to sometimes misfire.
- Дар быка now has a chance to trigger only from auto attack Multistrikes, instead of from all auto attacks. It has a 100% chance to trigger while using a two-handed weapon, and a 62.5% chance to trigger while dual wielding.
For Paladins, we have a few tweaks in store.
We made several changes for Holy, to go along with other larger system changes to compensate for the removal of Защитник древних королей
from Holy, and merged its benefits into Divine Favor. In order to follow through on our change to merge all types of Haste %, we removed the Spell Haste % from
to a Holy-only passive, so that it didn't also increase Protection's baseline Haste by 10%. Our changes to healer mana and mobility also indirectly increased the value of Самоотверженный целитель
by a large amount, so we brought it back down to be even in power with the other talents on its row. We also raised the range of
to be consistent with other spells. Lastly, we adjusted the critical strike chance of Holy Shock, to increase the value of Critical Strike for Holy Paladins.
- Гнев карателя now also increases all of the Паладин's healing by 20% for its duration.
- 's range has increased to 40 yards (up from 30 yards).
- Holy Shock now has twice the normal chance to critically strike (instead of having an additional 25% chance to critically strike).
- Прилив Света now also passively increases Haste by 10%.
- no longer increases spell Haste by 10%.
- Самоотверженный целитель for Holy no longer causes Правосудие to grant Holy Power. It also is only usable on Вспышка Света, no longer on Свет небес or .
For Protection, we tweaked
in order to reduce its massive self-healing amount, and provide better balance between talents on that row. We also added a new passive,
, in order to give defensive value to the new Multistrike stat.
- no longer affects the periodic healing of . It still affects the direct healing portion of the ability.
- is a new passive ability for Protection Paladins.
: All heals you receive have a chance equal to your Multistrike chance to trigger , healing you for an additional 30% of the triggering heal.
We made a few additional changes to Паладин
s. We revised the functionality of Молот праведника
a bit, such that its performance is about the same, but its tooltip is much clearer. We also made Stay of Execution much more attractive to use as an emergency button. We also revised how
interacts with Holy Power, and allowed it to once again trigger
. One big change for Retribution that isn't mentioned here is the removal of Дознание
(see Ability Pruning
), which will have a notable effect on their rotation.
- Eternal Flame’s periodic healing effect has been changed. Its duration now scales with Holy Power, instead of its healing. Its effect at 3 Holy Power remains unchanged.
- Молот праведника now deals 50% Physical weapon damage (up from 15%) to the primary target, but the primary target is no longer hit with the Holy damage.
- Illuminated Healing can once again be triggered by Eternal Flame.
- Seals no longer cost any mana.
- Stay of Execution (the Holy version of ) now deals its healing in a large burst at first, and then decreasing over time (reversed from before).
We've made a few significant changes to Жрец
s as well, focused mostly on reining in Discipline absorbs, improving quality of life for both healing Жрец
specializations, and solving single-target damage issues for Shadow.
Level-90 Talents and AtonementИскупление вины
was the original damage-to-healing conversion ability, but grew out of control during Mists of Pandaria. We decided to reduce its effectiveness, to bring it more in line with our goal of it being an option to trade significant healing for significant damage (ending up somewhere between a full healer and a full damage dealer). Another place where Discipline's absorbs were too strong was in their interaction with the level-90 Talents, especially in large Raids. Near the end of Mists of Pandaria, we uncapped the AoE healing of that Talent row; that has proven to be a mistake in Discipline's case, not because it caused the level-90 Talents themselves to heal for too much, but rather because the gigantic overhealing that that produced translated into gigantic
absorbs. To get back to a balanced place, we've reapplied the AoE caps to the level-90 Talents, making them consistent with all other AoE heals, and reduced their effectiveness across the board. We’ve compensated for this in the tuning of Priest baseline heals.
- Искупление вины now heals for 25% less than before.
- and now follow standard AoE capping rules.
For Holy Priests, our biggest concern is with the
s. We think that
s are the defining abilities of Holy Priests, but that they haven't lived up to their potential. We decided to move more of their effectiveness from their raw throughput buff (which felt like a penalty for being in the wrong chakra, rather than a bonus for being in the right
) into their bonus effects, and the Holy Word spells that they grant. Please note that all Жрец
healing spells have been retuned to account for the loss of throughput increases from
s. We also returned Обновление
to a normal 1.5-second global cooldown (GCD), so that Обновление
blanketing is still possible, but less ideal without Haste. Finally, the ability for Слово силы: Щит
to critically strike or Multistrike is now baseline for all Жрец
specializations instead of just Disciplins so that it continues to be a viable choice for Holy at higher gear levels.
- no longer refreshes the duration of Обновление for : Serenity.
- Слово Света: Освящение's cooldown is now 12 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
- no longer grants a chance for Smite to reset Holy Word: Chastise’s cooldown.
- : Sanctuary no longer now increases healing of area-of-effect spells. It now causes healing spell casts to reduce the remaining cooldown on Слово Света: Освящение by 1 second instead of always reducing the cooldown by 2 seconds. by 10% (down from 25%) .
- : Serenity no longer now increases healing of single-target spells. by 10% (down from 25%).
- no longer grants Слово силы: Щит a chance to critically strike.
- now heals for 60% more than before.
- now heals for 40% more than before.
- Слово силы: Щит now has a chance for a critical effect based on critical strike chance and can Multistrike based on Multistrike chance for all specializations.
- no longer reduces the global cooldown of Обновление.
Shadow Priests had one large problem toward the end of Mists of Pandaria: single-target damage. Their AoE and multi-DoT damage was some of the best around, so they still ended up competitive on most fights. But, in any fight that was mostly single-target, they felt lacking. Additionally, one of the new stats we're adding in Warlords of Draenor, Multistrike, is almost exactly what their current Mastery, Shadowy Recall, does for DoTs. So, we took these two problems and came up with a change that we think will solve both of them. The result is a new Mastery, which primarily increases single-target damage. Shadow Priests who want to focus on single-target damage can aim for Mastery in their gearing; or, when multi-dotting is more valuable, prefer other secondary stats over Mastery.
Devouring Plague now always costs 3 Shadow Orbs.
The cooldown of Mind Blast has also been adjusted to make Haste more valuable for Shadow, and removes Haste breakpoints.
- Mind Blast’s cooldown is now reduced by haste, but its base cooldown is now 9 seconds (up from 8 seconds).
Several talents got split into different versions by specialization. We revised the effectiveness of some of these talents to better balance talent choices on their rows.
- Divine Insight’s effects have been split based on specialization.
- From Darkness, Comes Light has been split into Пробуждение Света for Discipline and Holy, and Наступление Тьмы for Shadow for Shadow.
Наступление Тьмы now has a maximum of 3 charges (up from 2).
- Пробуждение Света's activation chance has been reduced to 10% (down from 15%).
now grants 25% Haste (up from 20%), but no longer increases damage (down from 5%).
Solace and Insanity has been split into Слово силы: Утешение
for Discipline and Holy, and
Level-15 and Level-60 talent rows have swapped places.
There are a few other miscellaneous changes. First, there are a couple of quality-of-life changes for Prayer of Mending and Angelic Feathers. Next is a fix for a problem with Void Tendrils, where it lasts its full duration against creatures that had no way to attack it, such as in certain Raid encounters (note that the health reduction is to keep it where it was in health, compared to player health doubling). We also removed the Mana generation from Shadowfiend, in order to simplify it to being a burst-damage-cooldown. And last but certainly not least, we're making Holy Nova an efficient AoE healing spell for Discipline Priests.
- Божественное перышкоs now increases movement speed by 60% (down from 80%). If cast on players, will always prefer the casting Жрец over others, then pick the player closest to the targeted location. If there are no players where it is targeted, it will still create a feather that can be picked up, as before. Additionally, when collecting multiple feathers, the duration will be extended instead of replaced; up to a maximum of 130% of base duration.
- Кольцо света is no longer available via a Major Glyph, and is instead a Discipline specialization spell. Its mana cost has been lowered and its healing increased. It is intended as the efficient area-of-effect (AoE) healing spell for Discipline Priests.
- Молитва восстановления from multiple Жрецs can now be on the same target, and can be on multiple targets from the same Жрец.
- Очищение, , , and can now be cast while in Дух воздаяния form.
- Исчадие Тьмы no longer restores mana.
Подчинитель разума now restores 0.75% mana per hit (down from 1.75% mana).
now have 10% of the Жрец
's health (down from 20%), and damage dealt to the rooted target is now also dealt to the Щупальце Бездны
There are a number of Разбойник
changes listed under Ability Pruning
, but there are a few additional changes to note. The biggest change for Разбойник
s is a fundamental change to how Combo Points work. They're now shared across all enemies; you can swap targets and you won't lose your Combo Points.
- Combo Points for Разбойникs are now shared across all targets and they are no longer lost when switching targets.
Tricks of the Trade
In our efforts to reduce cooldown stacking across the game, we chose to remove the damage increase from Маленькие хитрости
- Маленькие хитрости now has no energy cost and no longer increases damage caused by the target by 15%.
is an interesting mechanic that is important to Combat gameplay, but wasn't working out quite as well as we think that it could. In particular, there's basically no way to adjust when you're going to be in
, other than stopping your rotation (and thus wasting energy, combo points, temporary effects, cooldown time, etc.). So, we're making an adjustment to
. The intention here is that you can use
in place of Коварный удар
when you want to delay
(such as to line it up with a specific upcoming fight mechanic), and have little lost damage besides the overall
uptime. We don't expect this nuanced rotation adjustment to be used by all Combat Rogues, but having a little more control over the pace of your rotation will be useful to some.
Worth noting here is the removal of Ambidexterity. This was done to reduce the amount of damage coming from auto attacks for Combat Rogues. We've increased the damage of their active abilities to compensate and make them more rewarding.
- now deals 20% more damage, but no longer advances .
Among some other changes to improve Rogue AoE damage, we made a couple of baseline changes, and added a few Draenor Perks that impacts their AoE.
is an extremely powerful ability, but has the downside that it adds significant disparity between character power while soloing and while in a group. We made this change to bring up the soloing Subtlety Rogue, without having a significant impact on their performance while in a group.
- can now also be triggered by critical hits from the Разбойник's melee Auto Attacks.
To better balance the scaling rates and value of secondary stats for Subtlety, we reduced the power of their
- now increases Agility by 15% (down from 30%).
Rolling Periodic Damage
A couple of Разбойник
abilities do periodic damage, but don't have an intended alternative if that periodic is already on the target. We made these abilities roll remaining damage from their previous effect into the new effect, so that it's still ideal to use them again in these cases.
- Кровавый вихрь's periodic damage now has rolling periodic behavior, meaning that remaining damage from the previous application is added into the newly-applied periodic-damage effect.
- Кровоизлияние's periodic damage now has rolling periodic behavior, meaning that remaining damage from the previous application is added into the newly-applied periodic-damage effect.
has proved too powerful, and frustrating to play against in PvP, so we decided to reduce its defensive capabilities, while preserving its offensive power. We changed the Увертка
period to allow the use of stealth abilities without actually stealthing you, similar to
- Увертка now allows you to use abilities that require stealth for 3 seconds after leaving Незаметность, instead of actually staying stealthed for 3 seconds.
Elemental and Enhancement ChangesШаман
has received a variety of changes, most of which are specialization-specific.
For Elemental and Enhancement, we had a few problems to solve. Enhancement suffers from having their damage split among so many damage sources that none of it feels impressive. We changed the damage of several abilities to try to reorganize their damage into fewer, more impactful abilities, while keeping the net total the same. For a long time Elemental Shaman were one of the specs most impacted by movement, at a time where other casters were increasingly able to cast while moving.
In Warlords of Draenor, we're pulling back on the ability for many casters to deal damage while moving, and that includes Elemental. They will still have some ability to deal damage while moving, through Shocks, Unleash Weapon, and instant Выброс лавы
s. For Chain Lightning, we wanted to reduce the impact of Haste soft capping, and so changed
to increase damage instead of reduce cast time. Additionally, we simplified Пронизывающий ветер
by removing its impact on threat, which no longer matters.
- Перерождение for the Enhancement specialization now changes the Шаман's auto attacks and Удар бури to deal Wind-based physical damage that bypasses armor.
- deals 90% less Auto Attack damage but generates 1000% more threat.
- Эхо стихий has been redesigned. The Shaman's spells and abilities have a chance to trigger Эхо стихий, causing their next short-cooldown spell or ability to not trigger a cooldown.
Elemental: It may be used on Земной шок, , , Землетрясение, or Выброс лавы.
- Enhancement: It may be used on Земной шок, , , Метеорит, Вскипание лавы, or Удар бури.
- Restoration: It may be used on Целительный ливень, Возрождение духа, or Быстрина.
Feral Spirits' damage has been increased by 100%.
Flurry has been redesigned. Melee haste effects now reduce the global cooldown and cooldowns of Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Shocks, Unleash Elements, and Fire Nova.
Fire Nova now has a cooldown of 4.5 second (up from 4.0 seconds).
Lava Lash now has a cooldown of 10.5 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
Stormstrike now has a cooldown of 7.5 seconds (down from 8 seconds). Молния
is no longer castable while moving by default. Effects like Благосклонность предков
can still make the spell castable while moving.
Magma Totem’s damage has been increased by 100%. Изначальный элементаль земли
ability no longer deals damage.
Searing Totem's Searing Bolt damage has been increased by 65%.
no longer reduces the cast time of Цепная молния
, but instead now increases the damage of Цепная молния
by 100% (up from 70%).
no longer deals direct damage, but now increases the damage of the Шаман
's next Fire spell by 40% (up from 30%).
no longer deals direct damage, but now increases attack speed by 60% (up from 50%).
Using Unleashed Fury with Windfury Weapon imbue active now increases Multistrike chance by 5%. Пронизывающий ветер
no longer affects threat.
no longer has a 3-second internal cooldown.
Restoration Shaman had the most passive and smart healing of any healer, and so received some reductions in that area, along with buffs elsewhere to keep them competitive. One particular change is to Mana Tide Totem, which we made less effective for other players, but still just as effective for the Шаман
. We like that Шаман
could help other healers out on mana, but it was just too strong, significantly impacting how those other healers gear themselves.
- Цепное исцеление now heals each chain target for 15% less than the previous target.
- is no longer triggered by damaging spells for Restoration Shaman, or by healing spells for non-Restoration Shaman.
- Multiple Earth Shields can now be applied to the same target.
- Earthliving Weapon now increases healing done by 5% (instead of increasing healing Spell Power by a flat amount).
- Тотем исцеляющего потока's mana cost has been reduced to 10% of base mana (down from 23.5%), and its healing has been reduced by 50%.
- Mana Tide Totem now increases the Spirit of allies by 50% (down from 200% of the Shaman's Spirit). It remains unchanged (200%) for the Шаман activating the totem, and still ignores temporary Spirit buffs.
- Приливные волны now reduces the cast time of Волна исцеления by 20% (down from 30%).
- Высвободить чары жизни no longer increases the healing from Целительный ливень but its direct healing has been increased by 100%.
- Обугленный символ no longer causes Цепное исцеление to have a 2-second cooldown.
- Обугленный символ now only increases the mana returned from recalling your totems by 25% (down from 75%).
We also made a couple quality of life improvements to Shaman Shield spells.
- now persists through death.
- Water Shield now persists through death.
s received a number of cut abilities (see Ability Pruning above), but remain relatively unchanged. They saw the most change of any class in Mists of Pandaria, and so were in need of less revision this time around.
We felt that Чернокнижник
s brought too much unique Raid utility, so decided to tone down Камень здоровья
s and Демонические врата
. We moved Лечебное зелье
s and Камень здоровья
s into a cooldown of their own, and made them usable once per combat.
- Демонические вратаs no longer have charges (up from being limited to 5 charges). Every Party or Raid member can use them once every 90 seconds (up from 45 seconds). The maximum distance apart they can be placed is now 40 yards (down from 70 yards).
- Камень здоровья's cooldown will now not reset until the player leaves combat. Healing from this ability can no longer be a Critical Effect.
For Affliction, we're happy with their rotation. But, Drain Soul was causing them to be too strong in situations where they had a steady supply of small creatures to kill. We reduced the effectiveness of its on-kill effect in order to solve this.
- now creates 1 (down from 4 ) when the target dies.
was a problematic talent. We've reduced the ability for ranged damage dealers to deal damage while moving in Warlords.
became much stronger relative to other casters. We redesigned how the ability works to be more powerful in bursts instead of always affecting only some spells.
- has been redesigned. calls upon the cunning of Кил'джеден to permit movement while casting Чернокнижник spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells and lasts 15 seconds with a 2-minute cooldown.
Finally, there are a couple of miscellaneous changes. For Drain Life, we reduced the base healing somewhat, but massively increased the effectiveness of the Glyph which increases its healing, so as to help open up more potential
use in ideal situations. And lastly, we simplified Ожог Тьмы
- now heals for 30% less than before.
- Ожог Тьмы no longer generates any mana.
- now increases the healing of by 100% (up from 30%).
Developer's Note: Arms is still undergoing heavy revision and additional information will be made available later.
We wanted to fix a few problems with Воинs. Prominently, we still weren't happy with Arms' rotation (and neither were many players), so we've made some more changes. The goal is to remove needless complexity while simultaneously adding more depth. As mentioned in the above section on Ability Pruning, Перегрузка and have been removed for Arms Warriors. In their place, Мощный удар now costs less Rage, and Казнь has been revised to provide more dynamic gameplay throughout the whole fight while still retaining its identity of a low-health finisher.
In addition, we weren't satisfied with the Mastery for Arms. The intended flavor for Arms is about hitting with few, big, and heavy weapon strikes. Strikes of Opportunity actually went opposite of that, adding frequent little hits. We've replaced Strikes of Opportunity with a new Mastery which accentuates their intended design
- for Arms Warriors now generates increased 100% Rage from auto-attacks and Critical Strikes now generate double Rage.
- Авангард for Arms Warriors now generates 50% as much Rage from auto-attacks as in .
- Mastery: Strikes of Opportunity has been removed, and replaced with a new ability, Искусность: невиданная мощь.
Искусность: невиданная мощь increases the damage of ,
Slam, Mortal Strike, and Казнь abilities by 20% (increasing with Mastery).
Blood and Thunder has been removed.
- Глубокие раны is now available only to Protection Warriors, and naturally triggers from Удар грома.
- Удар грома is now available only to Protection Warriors, and its damage has been increased by 50%.
Executioner is a new passive ability for Arms Warriors.
causes the Воин's auto attack hits to generate an additional 40 Rage against targets with less than 20% health remaining. Additionally, the Execute ability no longer requires the target to be below 20% health to use, but its Rage cost is increased by 100%.
now costs 30 Rage, deals 225% increased damage, no longer increases the damage of Мощный удар
is no longer available to Arms Warriors. Казнь
for Arms Warriors now costs 20 Rage, and consumes up to 40 additional Rage to deal additional damage. Смертельный удар
now costs 30 Rage (instead of generating 10 Rage).
generates 20 Rage (up from 10 Rage). Мощный удар
has been removed.
now costs 15 Rage (down from 25 Rage) and no longer has additional effects when is active.
Sudden Death has been removed.
Unbridled Wrath has been removed.
Whirlwind is now available to Arms Warriors.
Burst Damage Cooldowns
As with other classes, we wanted to reduce cooldown stacking. Cutting Skull Banner did a ton to help that across the whole game. But for Warriors specifically, we needed to make further changes, including merging some of the personal benefit of
back into Безрассудство
. Also, to make up for Бросок
being removed, we modified Героический бросок
to be more frequently usable.
- Героический бросок now a high-threat ability, generating 300% extra threat, has a 6-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds), but now has a 15 yard minimum range.
- Безрассудство now increases Critical Strike chance by 15% (down from 30%) and increases Critical Strike damage by 10% (up from 0%).
- Сокрушительный бросок no longer reduces the armor of the target; it only does damage and breaks immunities.
It also is no longer learned via any specialization, but instead through a new Major Glyph, Glyph of Shattering Throw.
Haste for Warriors
Haste has long been a problematic stat for Warriors, usually being of little value. As part of our commitment to ensuring all secondary stats are valuable (except Bonus Armor for non-tanks and Spirit for non-healers, of course), we're making a significant change to Warriors, to ensure that Haste has strong, competitive value. We're giving all Воин
s a new passive, which lets haste affect their global cooldown, and the cooldowns of their very-short-cooldown rotational abilities.
Protection Warriors have received a few notable changes. First, we removed Dodge and Parry from gear, and expect Protection Warriors to value Haste and Crit as important secondary stats. In order to achieve that, we made Отражение ударов
give defensive value to Crits. The aforementioned
also helps for valuing Haste.
- is a new passive ability for Protection Warriors.
causes Multistrike auto attacks to trigger a , which regenerates 3% of the Воин's health over 3 seconds. When this effect is refreshed, the remaining duration is added to the new effect.
has been redesigned.
- Отражение ударов now gives the Warrior Parry equal to their Critical Strike bonus from gear.
A few Warrior Talents also were in need of revision. First, Second Wind was problematic; it was sometimes too weak, and sometimes too strong. We chose to change it from a passive health regeneration effect to the new Cамоисцеление
effect, so that low-health Воин
s have to maintain combat in order to benefit, instead of kiting, hiding, or otherwise playing defensively. For the level-60 and level-90 Talent rows, certain combinations were proving problematic. We decided that Грозовой удар
would better compete with Ударная волна
and Рев дракона
, and that Вихрь клинков
would better compete with Аватара
and Кровавая баня
, so swapped Грозовой удар
and Вихрь клинков
's positions. We also adjusted the effects of a few talents in order to make them more competitive with the talents on their row.Рев дракона
’s damage is no longer reduced when hitting more than 1 target.
’s cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds, but it now replaces Spell Reflection.
Second Wind no longer directly heals the Воин
while active. Instead, Second Wind grants the Воин
while active, which causes the Воин
to heal for 10% of all damage and healing done by the Воин
while active. Грозовой удар
is now a level-60 Talent, swapping places with Вихрь клинков
Fury Warriors received a few additional changes. We made a revision to the critical strike chance of Кровожадность
to make them less crit-dependant. A new glyph has been added which gives Fury Warriors a choice for a notably different playstyle. Auto attack damage had become too high, so we also moved some damage from that into Казнь
(which has been changed to deal damage based on Weapon Damage, instead of just Attack Power). Plus, we've updated some to spell alerts to improve usability.
- 's spell alert has moved to the top slot instead of the left and right slots.
- Кровожадность now has 30% additional Critical Strike chance (instead of double the normal Critical Strike chance).
- no longer increases auto attack damage. Instead, it also causes Казнь to hit with the off-hand weapon.
- Яростный выпад now has a spell alert on the left and right slots.
- is a new glyph available to Fury Warriors. The glyph increases the duration of 's effect to 20 seconds, but reduces its effectiveness.
Enrage and Deep Wounds
With the introduction of one of the level-100 Warrior Talents, which deals Fire damage, we also expanded
to affect all damage, not just Physical damage.
We're also making a change to the design of Глубокие раны
, to try to limit is effectiveness in PvP, without hurting its effectiveness in PvE.
- Глубокие раны now lasts 15 seconds, or until the target is healed to full health.